TiPb Forum Staff
What is the best way to mount NTFS NAS drive to OSX Lion?
Long time Windows user looking to switch to Mac.
My current setup is an Windows 7 desktop. I use iTunes to manage my media, which I store on a 1st generation Drobo as my NAS. I formatted the Drobo to use NTFS and have ~1.75 TB of files on the Drobo. I also use Backblaze to backup the Drobo to the cloud.
I have a new Mac Mini which I am testing out. I am having issues using MacFUSE with Tuxera NTFS for Mac (Tuxera NTFS for Mac | Tuxera) to mount the Drobo. No matter what I have read / tried, the Drobo is read only with no ability to write to the disk.
Here are my questions:
- Is there something I am missing being new to Mac?
- Are there performance issues using NTFS on a Mac?
- Should I abandon the idea of using NTFS and format the Drobo to HFS+?
- Will I be able to copy files between NTFS and HFS+? Are there any issues or "gotchas" I need to be aware of if I choose this route?
- Are there any other solutions I could use?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!