New MBP

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I pulled the trigger and got a new MBP yesterday at the local Apple Store. I must say I'm very impressed with the way it sets up. Coming from a Windows and Linux background it's very smooth. Haven't really had time to mess with it yet a whole lot but plan on doing so. I guess there are just a few questions I have to ask. When on forums and people embed a youtube video I'm still getting that it's not supported in Safari. How do I get that fixed? Also, what are some sites you guys visit for extensions and whatnot for Safari? Is there anything that you do when you initially set yours up that you might think is essential? Thanks a lot and wish me luck!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I pulled the trigger and got a new MBP yesterday at the local Apple Store. I must say I'm very impressed with the way it sets up. Coming from a Windows and Linux background it's very smooth. Haven't really had time to mess with it yet a whole lot but plan on doing so. I guess there are just a few questions I have to ask. When on forums and people embed a youtube video I'm still getting that it's not supported in Safari. How do I get that fixed? Also, what are some sites you guys visit for extensions and whatnot for Safari? Is there anything that you do when you initially set yours up that you might think is essential? Thanks a lot and wish me luck!

Congrats on your new MacBook Pro! I've owned one for just over a year now and love it.

As far as Safari goes, I don't use it. I still prefer Firefox and Chrome.

Good luck!

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your new MacBook Pro! I've owned one for just over a year now and love it.

As far as Safari goes, I don't use it. I still prefer Firefox and Chrome.

Good luck!

I'm about to get a new MBP, too... perhaps this evening after work. Chrome is buttery-smooth and fast on my recently-purchased Win7 Core i5 desktop - WAY better than Firefox. Is that the case in Mac OS as well?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to get a new MBP, too... perhaps this evening after work. Chrome is buttery-smooth and fast on my recently-purchased Win7 Core i5 desktop - WAY better than Firefox. Is that the case in Mac OS as well?

Yes. I prefer Chrome, but I do use Firefox for some sites. Both work well on OSX (Lion now, but had no issues on Snow Leopard).

Reactions: djrakowski

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice