Transfer Files Over WiFi from PC to Mac?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
So my desktop PC is running Windows 7, and my new MacBook Air (just bought it today! Squee!) is running Lion.

I have about 20GB of files I want to transfer onto my Air, but my external hard drive has already been formatted for Time Machine, so that's not an option.

Also for future use I would just like to have them networked, especially so I can use the printer that is setup through my PC via my MacBook Air.

Can anyone help with this? I've been scouring teh googlez all night to no avail.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I set up my pc to share the drives I needed access to, and then did the Mac equivalent of mapping the drive to my MBA. When I go to Finder, it shows in Shared, and all I had to do was enter the password.

The Mac equivalent of mapping the drive was the hard part, IIRC, but I found the solution by doing the search on that term "map drive from pc to Mac."

Reactions: Jellotime91

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
What you could do it setup a network drive on your Windows PC, then map it your Macbook Air to it.
Once that's setup, you should be able to put the files that you want to transfer from your PC onto the network drive and access/copy them to your Macbook Air. :)

Reactions: Jellotime91