chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
My PowerBook G4 died this morning and I am thinking about getting a MacBook air. I'm asking those that have one already if they like it????

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the new 13" MBA and I love it. I use it as my primary computer (with an external monitor/Apple wireless keyboard & mouse) @ home and then take it with me when needed. I consider myself a regular user (surf the web, download/view movies, tv shows, use Microsoft Office, email, etc...) so the 4gb of ram along with the i5 processor and 128gb of ssd storage is adequate for me. It really depends on what your needs are. If you need more power, ports, hard drive space, optical drive, you are better off getting a MBP. If your just going to be using it at home I would suggest getting an iMac. There are plenty of reviews discussing the pros/cons of each.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have the 11" MBA. It's turned into my primary computer. It does everything my old pc did, plus I can throw it in my purse.

My only complaint with the Air is the small drive. It's essential to use external storage and backup regularly.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I am planning on getting the one with the i7 processor and with the most memory. I think I'll buy an external hard drive too. I just use it to get on the Internet and banking and stuff. and some pictures and music.

Do you think it will last a while. My power book lasted 6 yrs.

---

macjacky11

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I was torn between i5 and i7 before. In the end, I went with 11" i5 with 256GB SSD as I think space is more important than speed. What I heard is that the speed difference between i5 and i7 isnt that noticeable. I just got it a few days ago. It is nice cool and fast. I am loving it.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Every second counts. But I do agree that space is king. I'll let y'all know when I pick it up!

---

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I am planning on getting the one with the i7 processor and with the most memory. I think I'll buy an external hard drive too. I just use it to get on the Internet and banking and stuff. and some pictures and music.

Do you think it will last a while. My power book lasted 6 yrs.

That's a sweet machine. It's powerful enough to last a while... I got the 11" i7 and am happy with it. My only regret is the 11" screen instead of the 13". Good luck with the MBA.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I'm going for the 13 inch. The 11inch just seemed too small.

---

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Just picked up my MBA 13" with i7 processor and 256gb hard drive!!!! Can't wait to get home!8)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
So far it's pretty amazing! And I've just barely begun playing with it!

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Damn! I'm still up! I am restoring from DVD backups I made a little while ago. Good thing, as the ole PowerBook G4 went belly up! It's gonna be a rough day at work tomorrow!!!!!:)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
It seems that restoring from my backup has caused some issues. I am currently doing a clean install of lion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2