How to change Lion's login screen

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so here is how to change the Lion login screen background How to change OS X Lion login screen background | t3kd now lets see the login screens people here is mine :D

img0878ge.jpg

Reactions: CG68

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice tip... but I really like the dark linen look of the stock login screen.

And have you noticed that when your Mac is asleep and you wake it up, it shows the login screen displayed over your current desktop background image? That's a nice touch, IMHO.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Nice tip... but I really like the dark linin look of the stock login screen.

And have you noticed that when your Mac is asleep and you wake it up, it shows the login screen displayed over your current desktop background image? That's a nice touch, IMHO.

you like the stock background:confused: lol :p The fact that it's the same as on iOS means I've already gotten bored of it on iOS. I almost want to reboot my Mac now to see my login screen :D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually like the stock one too...it's like a closed container or something, nothing really to look at (especially if there is a password lock). I had custom backgrounds on all my other macs up to this point, but i think i'm leaving Lion in stock form (as far as login windows go).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! I think the stock background is ugly too!

so lets see your login :D

I can see how someone could like the stock login screen. It's very simple, clean and nice looking. I guess they used the same pattern as iOS folders as a tie in. I am definately not one of those people lol. I'm contemplating creating a bunch of backgrounds and writing a script that changes them daily.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
so lets see your login :D

I can see how someone could like the stock login screen. It's very simple, clean and nice looking. I guess they used the same pattern as iOS folders as a tie in. I am definately not one of those people lol. I'm contemplating creating a bunch of backgrounds and writing a script that changes them daily.

I'd definitely be interested the script... I DO like the stock screen, but that doesn't preclude my changing it up from time to time...

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I really like the stock login screen. But I'm sure that I will get bored with it someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ricky (ipheuria) mentioned the possibility of writing a script to change the login screen - but I never saw the results... so, after looking around, I found this utility app to do it for you:

Loginox, The Simple Way To Change Your Login Background Image. Use drag & drop on Mac OS X

If your Mac is password protected, the first screen you see after starting up is the login screen. This screen contains the default image of Mac OS X, which can get boring after a while.

Loginox is an application which lets you easily customize the login screen.

Use Loginox to change the login background image or the login logo with a single Drag-and-Drop.

Why navigate through all the folders on your hard disk?
Drag a JPG or PNG image from anywhere and drop it into the main window of Loginox. A simple click on the Set new Login image button will change the login background image.

The login logo can be changed in the same way. Choose the tab Login logo and drop a JPG, TIF, PNG or PSD image into the New Login image frame. A simple click on the Set new Login logo button will change the login logo.

For switching back to the Mac OS X default login background image or login logo click on the Reset button in the corresponding tab.

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard:

The image size of the default image is 2560 x 1600 and has a ratio 8/5. You can prepare your images with Sizerox to have the right dimension and ratio for your customized login screen.

Mac OS X 10.7 Lion:

The image size of the login screen will be automatically adjusted. If the image ratio does not fit, the image will be cropped in the suitable size. However you can prepare your images with Sizerox to resize them for your customized login screen and logo.

Please note: The contrast of the login screen is set automatically by Mac OS X system. If your image has not enough contrast, the buttons at the bottom of the login screen are not clearly visible. In such cases, you may find another suitable image or edit the image and increase manualy its contrast.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Got a nice picture for log-in screen. When i add it, it comes in the right size( 17" MacBook Pro ), but it doesn't look sharp. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
you might need to open it in an image editor(Photoshop, GIMP) and turn up the contrast or the sharpness. If you want I can give it a shot and you see how it looks?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
you might need to open it in an image editor(Photoshop, GIMP) and turn up the contrast or the sharpness. If you want I can give it a shot and you see how it looks?

Thanks Ricky. Go for it. I've got a MacBook Pro 17". I don't have Photoshop, but if you use it and it comes out good, i'll get it. Thanks again.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ricky. Go for it. I've got a MacBook Pro 17". I don't have Photoshop, but if you use it and it comes out good, i'll get it. Thanks again.

Photoshop is expen$ive (> $300). Photoshop Elements is about $80 and does almost everything I need... certainly can do the basics like contrast and sharpness adjustments.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner