Battery won't completely charge

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is a Lion bug or if it's just my MacBook .. But since last night, my battery hasn't charged past 95% and it's been plugged in the entire time. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Unplug it. Run the battery down a bit. Then replug and it should go to 100%. At least mine does.

Sent from my iPad

I unplugged it and used it while it went down about 20% more, so now it's plugged in again, currently at 90% and I'll see if it passes 95% this time ...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine is 6 weeks old and sometimes it charges to 98, 99, or 100%. I dont stress about it but wondered why its not always the same

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Unplug it. Run the battery down a bit. Then replug and it should go to 100%. At least mine does.

Sent from my iPad

This seems to have done the trick though, it's currently at 98% .. Charging really slow, but it's passing the previous stalled 95% mark.

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i have run into the same issue with mine, where it sometimes stops around 96%...i also have the MBP 13" model...except i purchased mine about 6 months ago.

iMalum

Jul 21, 2011
iphonechroniclr.wordpress.com
My MacBook Pro does the same things once in awhile. When this happens, I just calibrate the battery --which you should do anyway-- to get it back up to 100%.

In order to calibrate it:

-run the battery all the way down until it automatically shuts down (forces itself to sleep).
-plug it in. Charge it up until full. It's important that you keep it charging the whole time.

This should get you to 100%.

416 cycles is pretty high. The average laptop battery's healthy life span is usually up until the 300s. Although, it is telling you that the condition is normal, so you should be good for now. I'm on my second MacBook Pro battery. My first battery went from "normal" to "replace" at around 375 cycles.

Hope it works out for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73