iMac or Mac Mini refresh?

MrDougRobinson

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
So I've been rocking this black MacBook since 2006. I'm ready to upgrade but I'm not sure which route to take.

I have an iPad 2 so I'm looking for a desktop this time around as I'm able to do a lot of what I do currently on the laptop on my iPad. But I still need a computer for other things. Work, photo editing, etc.

So should I go iMac or should I go with the new Mac Mini and separate monitor? I'll save more than a few bucks with the latter. But I want to make sure I'm not going to be shorting myself too much on power. I don't use a lot of power sucking programs. No video editing. Just photo editing really and Excel for work. I also remotely log in to my work PC from home. I can do this on my laptop now. However, it attempts to leave permanent burns on my legs in the process. Don't game on the computer at all but I wouldn't mind the option.

So what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I still see the Mac mini as more of an entry level system... and/or a media center device. That may be in part based on the meager specs of the previous iterations... the new ones have core i5 processors and up to 8 gb memory (I think), so it may be a good choice... but personally, I'd go with the iMac.

My approach with Macs is that they will last forever, so go big today and use it for many many years.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR