Lion download started...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wife said it took about an hour to complete on hers, but that may not be typical as our Comcast connection is usually pretty fast compared to the average (24-26mbps).

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine said it would take 5 hours .. So I stopped it and went to a friend's house who already had it downloaded, so we just used a jumpdrive lol. I wasn't about to wait 5 hours .. Apparently I have a slow internet connection (Suddenlink)

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My friend and I share the dev account used to download it. So this was the GM version I was trying to download .. But it was the same file size. Once I realized it was going to take that long to download, he said he had already downloaded it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
haha you're lucky with 5 hours, try 4345 days 20 hours!!!! lol my work connection rocks too bad the Firewall gets in the way:(

This is how bad the firewall kills it, I switched to Wifi, slower than ethernet right, 30 minutes and it's already at 500MB in 3 or 4 minutes. It took 1 hour to get 40MB on ethernet :eek: Ughhhh but it's only certain things that get blocked which is how I know it's the firewall not the connection.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm at the 2 hour mark and about 75% complete with the download (2.8 GB down)...

Will I deed to buy the upgrade for all of my Macs? Or will this work like other AppStore apps - buy once for the account? Does anyone know that answer yet?

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm at the 2 hour mark and about 75% complete with the download (2.8 GB down)...

Will I deed to buy the upgrade for all of my Macs? Or will this work like other AppStore apps - buy once for the account? Does anyone know that answer yet?

From what I read yesterday I believe (hopefully) you can use it for up to 5 computers. Sorry, don't have a link on hand. If someone else can chime in on this and confirm.

Reactions: Fausty82

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
From what I read yesterday I believe (hopefully) you can use it for up to 5 computers. Sorry, don't have a link on hand. If someone else can chime in on this and confirm.

Right, and if I remember correctly they said that in the Keynote as well .. That you only had to purchase it once for all of your personal computers.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's going to take a while to get used to the way scrolling works now on the computer... even though it's just like the iPhone & iPad now :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Great news... but even at $30 per computer, it would be a good deal...

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
no progress

i started the download about 45 minutes ago and thus far its showing NO progress whatsoever. I have U-verse wifi through ATT and it gets pretty decent speeds so idk if its my connection or the server is so clogged at the moment? How are you guys seeing the time till completion and is anyone else having this problem? :\

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i started the download about 45 minutes ago and thus far its showing NO progress whatsoever. I have U-verse wifi through ATT and it gets pretty decent speeds so idk if its my connection or the server is so clogged at the moment? How are you guys seeing the time till completion and is anyone else having this problem? :\

No issues for me. I expected the servers to be slammed today, but also heard that Apple "ramped up" for the demand.

I would think that you could cancel the download and restart - but not 100% sure how that would work, especially today.

It estimated my download to be about 5 hours and it actually tool about 2 hours 45 minutes or so... plus about 20-25 minutes for the actual install...

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
My download wound up taking about 90 minutes. Installation - 30 minutes.

First thing I did - change the direction of the scroll. LOL!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2