Apple sells 11 percent of all US computers last quarte

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Agreed... but with the increase in market share comes the inevitable virus/malware attacks... ah, progress! :)

I thought one of the main advantages that a Mac had over a PC was the fact that it wasn't susceptible to viruses?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

nynix

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought one of the main advantages that a Mac had over a PC was the fact that it wasn't susceptible to viruses?

Susceptible and immune are two different things. I agree OS X is less susceptible than Windows, it is not immune and as Mac gains more and more market share, it is inevitable that we will see more and more attacks.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

It all depends on the who's driving. Macs don't run in "admin" mode the way most users use Windows... but it's still possible... the 80/20 rule applies to some extent, too... if you can get to 80% (in this case, 89%) of the computer users with reasonable effort, why bother with the other 11% ... but as that percentage continues to rise, it becomes more attractive... and PC or Mac, if the user is willing to click on any link, and visit "questionable" websites, it gets easier and more attractive.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^ Yeah, that sounds about right to me. I've been lucky enough with all 3 of my Dell PC's, as neither one of them has ever gotten a virus in the 11 years of owning then.

rdbecker

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I was a Windows guy forever...now I own a MacBook, iPad, and have been through three iPhones. This Apple company that everyone's talking about just might be successful someday.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73