Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Default Problems with SDHC Cards in MPB

I have an early 2011 Core i7 MacBook Pro that will not read SanDisk 16GB Class 10 (30mb/s) memory cards via the card reader. I can read PNY 16GB Class 10 (20mb/s) memory cards via the card reader without any problems... and can read the SanDisk cards in my MBP via an external USB card reader.

I have gone around and around with Apple (via AppleCare, Genius Bar and the Apple forums), but have been unable to resolve this issue. Based on my experience, I believe this is a software/driver issue and not a hardware problem... and there are many others with similar experiences described on the Apple forums. Some have even stated that one of Apple's upgrades cause this issue to manifest. I cannot confirm that part of the story, but who knows? And Apple is playing dumb - as they are wont do to with this kind of issue until they have it resolved - then they can ride in on their white horse and save the day...

One question that was raised was, that if it is a software issue, might it be resolved with OSX 10.7 (Lion)... so my question - is there anyone here running a beta release of Lion that could check this out for me? If this issue will be resolved with Lion, I can live with the issue for now. If not, I need to figure out how to proceed... I love the fast, high capacity memory cards for my Nikon DSLR, and would hate to have to use slower cards just to accommodate my MBP.

Anyone able to test this for me?
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

Why wait for someone to test it for you. Just hook up an external drive and run Time Machine to do a full backup. Then in a day or two run another full backup, I love to have two to feel safer. Then just reload your Mac from scratch as a test. Once it's reloaded try your memory card then if it works do updates and see at which point it stops working. Then if it fails or when you're done restore from Time Machine and it will be like your machine never went anywhere.

Most likely it will be fixed with Lion just from the fact that files will be updated and reloaded but you just may end up in the worste case scenario installing from fresh.

PS what kind of DSLR? I use a D40 but thinking of upgrading to a D5100.
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts

Default SDHC crads in MPB

I agree with Ipheuria, in case when you are trying to connect the device which is an external device and its not recognized by the computer system then you must get to the data recovery tool which is important. Such type of situation will consider data loss of your memory card which can be easily recovered but only with effective software. Here is help link for you check out: -

Recuperare Scheda Memoria | Recuperare Memoria Scheda Software