Need to add my phone number to Messages on OS X

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I messed something up and I cannot seem to fix it. I would like to add my number to Messages on OS X so that I can send SMS texts to non-iPhone users from my iMac.

Needtoaddmyphonenum.jpg

That?s my screen right now? how can I fix it so that I can add my phone number for both the ?Start new conversation from:? section and also the ?You can be reached for messages at:? section?

Thanks in advance for any help, guys! :)

Rafagon

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
It’s even worse than I thought. Even my iMessages aren’t in sync on my iPhone and on my iMac.

On my iMac, Messages > Preferences > Accounts lists my iMessage account and my Bonjour account (I’m not using the Bonjour account at all).

I would like to sleect the iMessage account and click on the “-“ (minus) button, so that I could then re-add the iMessage account, but the minus button is greyed out!

I have clicked on the Sign Out button and then signed back in, but I still cannot add my phone number to either the “You can be reached for messages at:” or “Start new conversations from:” section.

This is absoutely ridiculous. And I consider myself a seasoned OS X user who can handle most problems, but this one is totally kicking my ***.

Help, please!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you have your iPhone set to forward text messages to your Mac in Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73