Icloud preferrences error.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm banging my head against the wall on this one.

I would love to integrate my iPhone 6s and my MBA more and share more via iCloud.

I can't seem to do anything with iCloud on my MBA because every time I try to go into system preference/iCloud, I get the error....

'Could not load iCloud preference pane'

I have tried every suggestion that I can find, but still no joy. This is really putting me off my new MBA and I'm considering returning to my local Apple store and save my self ?1000 and just go back to my scabby old laptop.

Any ideas folks?

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, if its a newly purchased MBA, I'd use the included AppleCare and give them a call or, better yet, take it back to the Apple Store and get them to resolve the issue for you.
After paying the outrageous sum of ?1000 for it (thanks lots, UK government and, especially, Apple for that), its the very least they can do.

Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with your "scabby old laptop" if it, y'know, actually works as expected.

I've not actually had any issues with my 'old' (mid-2011) MBA and iCloud and my iPhone 6 - knock on wood - but y'know, I can, sync and access most of my stuff on these two devices via iCloud on an inexpensive Samsung Lite 7 Android tablet (cost me the equivalent of about ?70) via a couple of apps - so yeah, Apple should fix your problem.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose and fix the problem. What you're experiencing is NOT normal.