Gripes about El Capitan

paclid

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Having recently moved from Mountain Lion to El Capitan I continue to experience issues with it.

When I bought my first iPhone last year all readings of the blogs suggested the resouceful benefits of upgrading to El Capitan, it was around the time that Apple and Google announced their discontinuing support for all Mac systems from Mountain Lion back, that I decided was the time to upgrade.

One of the best features I really loved using in Mountain Lion was Quickview in Mail which allowed me to peer into blogs to see if they weren?t malicious or dubious. So why has it been removed in El Capitan ?

I posted this question to another a Mac forum a couple of weeks ago that remains empty of replies!

The best secondary feature of Mail in Snow Leopard was the ability to have RSS feeds. So I got really annoyed in adopting Mountain Lion when discovering RSS feeds no longer present, since I?d neglected to keep a back up record of these. Nonetheless there still not available in El Capitan either?

On very occasional days if I right click on a link in Mail (thinking that Quickview might suddenly be available) instead of 4 options available a fifth shows up and that is the Services CM, so why does it randomly appear and disappear. Often the Services Menu in the finder shows as having nothing in it, whilst on other days things reappear in there!

Interestingly but also disappointingly, when deciding upon upgrading the one feature I kept hearing via Ads on tv was the quickview feature being available in El Capitan?s Mail?

Not that it makes a whole of difference, Mountain Lion used to load more than 2 times faster than El Capitan

Why has apple removed the normal url behavior exhibited in all other browsers. It never shows the exact url address it always defaults to the domain name dot com and never the complete url post title?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Quick look is still there. If you hover over a link a button should pop up, or I believe you can CTRL + click on it.
Apple has a tenacity to remove underutilized features, like RSS feeds from email. There are a number of third party services available, like Feedly, who have mobile apps and html versions for full size browsers.
Safari hides the full URL for simplicity but the full URL should appear if you click on it.
Hope this helps!

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
The best secondary feature of Mail in Snow Leopard was the ability to have RSS feeds
I think RSS feeds are a thing of the past and its largely a feature that few use now a days and Apple (among others are removing it)

One of the best features I really loved using in Mountain Lion was Quickview in Mail
Its still there, hover over the link and then click on the down arrow.
2016-04-30_07-38-32.png

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods