Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By BuhBob
  • 1 Post By firedept10
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default TIP: Prompted for Apple ID When Launching Apps

I don't know if any one else has had this happen, but I worked with Apple support yesterday and fixed the issue for my MacBook and I thought I'd share. Every seven days, I would be prompted to sign into the App Store with my Apple ID if I launched an App Store app. This didn't happen for all my purchased apps, but for the important ones...

Imagine the situation I was in when I needed to look up a wifi password din 1Password, but couldn't launch 1Password until I was on the wifi.

I would get a dialog that said I purchased the app on a different computer and needed to reauthenticate in order to use the app on this computer. Since I know this wasn't the case, I decided to ask support about it. After a bit of testing, a simple delete and re-download of the affected apps resolved it.

Such a simple resolution, I wanted to share in case anyone else was experiencing it.
    mkemlin and avroshk like this.

Default Re: TIP: Prompted for Apple ID When Launching Apps

Welcome to iMore and thank you for the tip!
    BuhBob likes this.