Each printed page of Outlook email now has the words Print and Close at top left and right.

BettyG07

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a Canon MX922 printer. With Yosemite, I had no issues printing Outlook.com email messages. With El Capitan, my Outlook.com email prints with the word Print (underlined) at the top left of each page and the word Close (underlined) at the top right. This happens whether I use the Command-P keyboard shortcut or the Print menu selection. Also, it happens whether I use Chrome (my default browser) or Apple's Safari browser.

As the underlining indicates, these are active menu choices. If I click on the word "Print" (top left), the email prints again, but still shows the two words, underlined.

I can print from Yahoo or Gmail, no problem -- so it appears to me this is (another) Microsoft/El Capitan incompatibility issue.

Is this something Microsoft is working to fix? Anything I can do at my end, other than cropping my email messages or forwarding them from Outlook to Yahoo or Gmail before printing?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if MS is working in a fix or not, nor do I know whether or not the issue is widespread. Leave feedback to both Apple and Microsoft via their support sites.

BettyG07

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Update: I have posted this problem to Apple's El Capitan support community and to Microsoft's Outlook.com support community.. I've also communicated with Microsoft's Answer Desk, where I was promised the issue would be elevated. Microsoft hasn't managed to fix all of the incompatibility issues with Office 2011 (never mind the Office 2016 situation!) -- I use the Office 2011 package and now see a spinning beachball virtually every time I open a file, try to see the drop-down list of recently opened files, or try to have more than one WORD document or Excel spreadsheet open at a time -- so I'm not overly optimistic this "minor" bug is going to be addressed anytime soon, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2