El Capitan Messages App 9.0 questions
Our work uses the Messages app extensively and we run our own Jabber server with controlled lists. Are there any resources for understanding the direction Apple is taking with the merger of Messages Jabber features with Remote Desktop? There are changes with Messages version 9.0 (5084) which have both useful and confusing results. PS still having problems connecting video conferencing regardless of back end (AIM Google Jabber). Need to chat with messages uber ninja....
- 10-14-2015, 07:31 PM #2
- 2,207 Posts
Re: El Capitan Messages App 9.0 questions
If you're having issues with the video calling, you may want to check with your IT department to make sure a vpn/firewall/security measure is not blocking it by accident. You can also email Apple Support.
As for your other question, I do not have a resource that discusses the Remote Desktop integration. Sorry.
- 10-20-2015, 12:09 PM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: El Capitan Messages App 9.0 questions, can I get some help?
Thanks for the response. Before the release of El Capitan and Messages Version 9.0 (5084) I worked with a Apple tech to resolve issues with Yosemite version of Messages which has the same problems. Have tried multiple locations Fiber, Cable Modem DSL,
No Fire wall, with Firewall and multiple back end providers (google AIM Jabber Self hosted). Something has been changing since Messages in Mavericks with regard to VIDEO conferencing aspect of application and I cannot get a straight answer. I understand that this is bleeding edge tech with multiple fail points across ISP's and networking hardware and I still need help in finding out what changed. VPN can help, but this was never a requirement in the past. If there is anyone out there, help me Obi Wan your are my only hope
- By supert1020 in forum Apple PayReplies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2015, 12:00 PM
- By mikerard in forum App StoreReplies: 3Last Post: 10-14-2015, 04:50 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-14-2015, 12:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2015, 10:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum App StoreReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2015, 10:15 AM