Outlook 2011 does not work on OS X El Capitan

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And ElCap has been in beta for how long, and Microsoft's only advice is "use Yosemite"?? C'mon Micorsoft... You should be better than that.

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
And ElCap has been in beta for how long, and Microsoft's only advice is "use Yosemite"?? C'mon Micorsoft... You should be better than that.

My thoughts exactly! Microsoft dropped the ball on this one.

Thankfully I run Parallels on my work machine, so I can still access Outlook 2013 for the functionality that I can't get in the Apple Mail and Calendar apps.

route664

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
yup.. i found that out the hard way. lucky for my company was testings office 365 and i was able to use outlook 2016.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My thoughts exactly! Microsoft dropped the ball on this one.

Thankfully I run Parallels on my work machine, so I can still access Outlook 2013 for the functionality that I can't get in the Apple Mail and Calendar apps.

They didn't drop the ball. They released Outlook 2016.

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes the certainly did drop the ball. The majority of Mac users who use Outlook are still on 2011. They've had months to test bugs and have chosen not to fix the bugs. That is not a good example of putting customers first and therefore they dropped the ball. Also 2016 is very buggy as well on El Capitan, so your argument is invalid all around.

Sikosis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
We had a user on Office 2011 who upgraded to El Capitan and doing a rebuild of their Outlook database fixed it. This is connected to Exchange 2013 too.

I'm curious if anyone is having issues with Office 2016 and El Capitan ? Paul Thurrott said it's unusable, but I haven't noticed any issues yet.

"Office 2016 on El Capitan is unstable and virtually impossible to use on my machine; all of the apps crash multiple times a day. To top it off, I have had the error reporting mechanism crash (above image) while trying to send my crash log after Outlook bit the dust. The crashing is so bad that I cannot trust the apps to work long enough to accomplish anything meaningful which renders my Mac useless for daily tasks."

GeorgePhx

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Sorry. Outlook does not work with anything. The issue I and many friends have is we will open outlook, use it and close it to the dock. When we click on it again, it will not open and we have to right-click and click on force close; Then reopen it again.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry. Outlook does not work with anything. The issue I and many friends have is we will open outlook, use it and close it to the dock. When we click on it again, it will not open and we have to right-click and click on force close; Then reopen it again.

Outlook 2016 and 365 is different ? My 365 has no issue for the outlook

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Muessig

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm so glad that MS released the update - I was trying to use my Mac at work and couldn't use any email services because everything would lock up! Bad form for MS to miss this bug, but at least it's fixed now!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73