OSX 10.11.2 El Capitan Developer Beta 7

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Let's do the Sticky...

Developer Beta 1 available through usual channels... discuss observations, issues, work arounds here...

Public Beta expected in July... stay tuned for that discussion...

6/23/15 Beta 2 now available...

7/8/15 Developer Beta 3 released.

7/21/15 Dev beta 4 released.

7/27 Dev beta 5 released.

8/3/15 Dev Beta 6 released

8/19/15 Dev Beta 7 released

8/31/15 Dev Beta 8 released

9/17/15 Dev Beta 1 of ElCap 10.11.1 released

9/29/15 Dev Beta 2 of ElCap 10.11.1 released

10/7/15 Dev Beta 3 El Cap released...

11/17 Dev beta 4 of ElCap 10.11.2 released...

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: OSX 10.11 El Capitan Developer Beta 1

I added my gmail account to Mail in El Capitan, and now the Mail app won't run. It keeps crashing and generating crash reports to send to Apple. I also created a Feedback report on the issue.

Anyone else seeing that?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I added my gmail account to Mail in El Capitan, and now the Mail app won't run. It keeps crashing and generating crash reports to send to Apple. I also created a Feedback report on the issue.

Anyone else seeing that?

Yup, but only from ONE of my addresses within the mail app...that one address is causing lots of errors and crashes though. It's a gmail address, but I have another one in there that is functioning just fine. Weird.

OKAO4VX.png

I'm loving the "Pin" feature in Safari...it works flawlessly and is a pretty cool function.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

El Cap / 10.11 install went without issue for me (2012 MBA upgrade form 10.10.3). Immediately I can notice a performance improvement on my machine, apps do load faster without question. I've had a few niggles, however for the main part it seems stable enough (after 24 hours use, so still limited).

Most apps seem to work so far Apple Apps (mail and calendar issues would have been mandatory rollback), VMware, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, OneDrive, Better Touch Tool, Crashplan, Lastpass, TokenLock, TeamViewer, Plex.

Actually (touch wood), nothing does't work at this point.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Sadly I needed to walk back my install of 10.11 already, safely back on a fresh build of 10.10.3.

My main reasons a) Mail kept crashing when setup with exchange account, remove account and all was fine (also discussed in the apple forums, with some rather scary server side implications). b) Battery drain in sleep and also coming out of sleep only worked 1/3 of the time c) I actually found split screen and gesture support in mail were a let down.

In short, nothing in this beta right now to warrant the effort required to run the beta.

It's beta 1 so to be expected, nothing surprising and certainly nothing that needs to be fixed quickly :)

Most importantly, and thanks to the guidance on iMore (and elsewhere), I had full backups, including bootable clones of drives etc. I still decided a fresh install was the way to go, it's just the way I was brought up.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Sadly I needed to walk back my install of 10.11 already, safely back on a fresh build of 10.10.3.

My main reasons a) Mail kept crashing when setup with exchange account, remove account and all was fine (also discussed in the apple forums, with some rather scary server side implications). b) Battery drain in sleep and also coming out of sleep only worked 1/3 of the time c) I actually found split screen and gesture support in mail were a let down.

In short, nothing in this beta right now to warrant the effort required to run the beta.

It's beta 1 so to be expected, nothing surprising and certainly nothing that needs to be fixed quickly :)

Most importantly, and thanks to the guidance on iMore (and elsewhere), I had full backups, including bootable clones of drives etc. I still decided a fresh install was the way to go, it's just the way I was brought up.

This is exactly why this is a beta release and should not be installed on your "daily driver".

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

HankAZ, I'm not sure of your intent or mindset behind the post, however it does come across as a little patronising. Who said anything about daily driver? I certainly didn't, this is a play 2012 13" MBA! But to be honest I've run the last several betas on my main machine once I'd completed basic functionality testing.

I absolutely agree with you, that it is a golden rule to not install on anything that you don't know how to walk back without any external assistance or help. If you chose a daily driver, then go with the grace of the iMore gods, but expect any complaining to be ignored :)

Hoping you can see my post for what it was, an attempt to provide some wider feedback to the good people of iMore, and to serve as a reminder to those who experiment, what you need to be prepared to do if the results don't work out.

(all that said, I'm sure we are all guilty of the odd mindless install of beta, and I'm sure we'll repeat the mistake again in our quest for the new hotness).

Looking forward to the next beta round.

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

HankAZ, I'm not sure of your intent or mindset behind the post, however it does come across as a little patronising. Who said anything about daily driver? I certainly didn't, this is a play 2012 13" MBA! But to be honest I've run the last several betas on my main machine once I'd completed basic functionality testing.

I absolutely agree with you, that it is a golden rule to not install on anything that you don't know how to walk back without any external assistance or help. If you chose a daily driver, then go with the grace of the iMore gods, but expect any complaining to be ignored :)

Hoping you can see my post for what it was, an attempt to provide some wider feedback to the good people of iMore, and to serve as a reminder to those who experiment, what you need to be prepared to do if the results don't work out.

(all that said, I'm sure we are all guilty of the odd mindless install of beta, and I'm sure we'll repeat the mistake again in our quest for the new hotness).

Looking forward to the next beta round.

Patronizing? Nope. Was going for "providing information". We get a lot of people coming here clamoring for the latest and greatest, including beta releases, yet many times, they lack sufficient knowledge to understand the downside.

Sorry that you misinterpreted my post.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Hi, was checking out Maps in El Capitan this morning and while looking at traffic on a route, I noticed that their was yellow, red (which are normal) but now theres black dashed lines. Does anyone know what that means?

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 8.15.50 AM.jpg

BoB16731

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

tried out the captain last night had to time machine back since

Bartender and CleanMyMac is not supported yet

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Anyone have feed-back about Mail.App stability in the new Beta, especially with Office365/Exchange?

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Anyone have feed-back about Mail.App stability in the new Beta, especially with Office365/Exchange?

Not sure how it would be with Exchange, but I have several accounts on their and I have only had a one to crashes. If you need Exchange for work and you plan on installing this on your daily driver I would not recommend doing that. Right now I am running it on a separate partition. That way I am not stuck...

fritz12_canada

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: OSX 10.11 El Capitan Developer Beta 3

I just installed el capitan beta w/update and now my mail keeps failing on startup. I can see the window briefly loading the existing data but it only gets to about 50% then stops and gives the report error window. Any help would be appreciated...other than reverting back to Yosemite😭

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: OSX 10.11 El Capitan Developer Beta 3

I just installed el capitan beta w/update and now my mail keeps failing on startup. I can see the window briefly loading the existing data but it only gets to about 50% then stops and gives the report error window. Any help would be appreciated...other than reverting back to Yosemite

What mail service? I have experienced exactly that behavior (and reported it via Feedback Assistant) with my gmail account.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I think you can download beta versions of Bartender from their website. At least around Yosemite you could and they put out updates quickly to any issues. I'm internet less at the moment so I can't check if it's still the case.

I've not had any issues with Bartender. They do have an option in Preferences to allow you to install test builds. I'm running v 1.2.41.

View attachment 85039

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods