Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default At the start of July the texts on my iPad stopped coming through.

My iPad is synced to my iPhone and has been for a number of years. However when I was away for the weekend my iPad stopped receiving texts messages and they haven't come back. Whats more all texts from 23rd April to present no longer show up on the iPad. Everything is synced as it should be. Texts and imessages come through on my phone. Can someone please help? I have tried restarting both devises, logging back into my Apple ID on both devices but nothing works.

Default Re: At the start of July the texts on my iPad stopped coming through.

Does your iPad have an internet Connection, and if Wi-Fi only, is it on the same Wi-Fi network?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

Default Re: At the start of July the texts on my iPad stopped coming through.

Welcome to iMore. Here's a few things to try:

1. Toggle iMessage off and then back on using your iPad. Also make sure you're using the same Apple ID on both devices.
    2. Make sure you have Text Message Forwarding enabled on your iPhone by going to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.
    3. Restore your iPad. You might want to first try resetting all settings first by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. If that doesn't work a full restore may be in order.