Original iPad will not connect to my new wifi

aapltrader

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I recently changed out my modem and router at TWC. I now have an ARRIS DG860. Now my original iPad will not connect to it. Family laptops, work laptop, my MAC, all 3 iPhones connect without any problem.

I have done all the tricks out there. Reset my network settings on iPad. Changed the network name to something totally different. Removed the network and added it again. You name it and I've tried it. I'm using WPA2 security on the router. I even tried no security just to see if it would connect, no luck.

It does connect with my iPhone hotspot and other public wifi. Timewarner cable blames it on Apple and Apple says it's a timewarner cable issue. I'm totally lost and need help.

Thanks in advance

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This is a drastic step. But I would backup the iPad and restore it as new. Then try to connect to your network. If it works then the next step is to restore the iPad from the backup and try again. If it does not work then it is something corrupt in your current configuration. There is not much you can do to fix that, but at least you can start by seeing if it works when set up as new.

aapltrader

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I have already restored it, but with no luck. It must be some type of recognition issue going through the new router. It connects fine with other networks.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I cant imagine the TWC router would set a DHCP range to only 6 devices. Even with that they would most likely have a TTL on them for at most 24hours. But who knows I have seen cable companies do crazier things :)

aapltrader

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have even added the iPad as a fixed client. I have seen it listed under the connected client list, but it didn't have access to internet.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On my linksys WRT310N I define the starting IP address for DHCP - and there's a place under that to define a total number of hosts... I had to tweak mine recently because I was having issues with a particular device not wanting to connect... turns out it couldn't get an IP address from the router...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2