Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

227 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Default iPad future app support?

I have the opportunity to pick up a first generation iPad 64gb just now on the cheap. I don't have one at the moment. It have been eyeing one for a long time now. I know that it will not be upgradable to ios 6 in the fall but I am wondering how much that actually matters? What does the app support look like for the foreseeable future? Will apps all of a sudden. Of work on it? I'm only curious because I don't wish to purchase one of it will become a paper weight pretty soon. Thanks for any input.

This is 'my' opinion. When you say "on the cheap", how cheap are you talking? If you get get one for, say, $100, then go for it especially if all you will be doing is web surfing, occasional gaming, composing & reading email messages, perusing forums, reading news feeds and viewing social sites. You have to balance the amount you're willing to spend against the use you can expect to receive from it. If it balances then go for it, if it does not, leave it alone. . Anyway, I hope you have a safe and pleasant weekend.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    iMore Beginner

86 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

As of right now, almost all the iPad apps support the OG iPad. The only ones that I know dont are any camera based apps and a handful of games that need a faster APU. But if all you need it for is moderate net surfing, kill time games and basic stuff, then grab it quick.