Can someone please tell me what I need to buy to fix this ipad?

demontooth

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I see digitizers and screens and clips and lions and tigers and bears! OH MY! It's broke all the way through, I can see parts under the glass. What exactly do I need?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I see digitizers and screens and clips and lions and tigers and bears! OH MY! It's broke all the way through, I can see parts under the glass. What exactly do I need?

I don't know about parts to fix it, but, it may be cheaper to just buy another one. Better yet, take it to a nearby Apple store, if applicable, and see what they can do for you? If you have insurance on it, then that would be great.

demontooth

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
She took it to the Apple store and they quoted her $250 to fix it. She doesn't have enough cash for a new one so I told her I would attempt to fix it. Her son "dropped it on a hammer".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking I may have posted in the wrong section.

If your remark is due to a lack of responses, it is possible that no one has ever attempted to fix the broken parts depicted in your original post and thus cannot answer your question.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
What iPad is it 1 or 2 or the new one ? You need the LCD and digitizer depending what iPad will determine the price try amazon .. eBay for parts

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

demontooth

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If your remark is due to a lack of responses, it is possible that no one has ever attempted to fix the broken parts depicted in your original post and thus cannot answer your question.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

I thought maybe I missed an iPad/iPhone repair forum section.

demontooth

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My stepdaughter inflicted serious damage on her iPad 1 back in March and when I took her to the Apple Store they gave her a refurb for $99. It may be easier to go back to the Geniuses and ask about that.

They only offered her the $250 repair or a $399 new iPad 2. Maybe they were out of refurbs.

Last edited:

iSuckAtApple

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i think a new LCD and Digitizer will work but you should go to Apple and see if they can tell you what you need. I think maybe the Digitizer isnt broken and you need to figure out who will change it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2