How many people are keeping iPad 1 since 5.1

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
For how much? My little sister wants one now. Lol

It's already sold, my girl is buying it for her Dad for father's day, but I get to keep it till then. :)

For the person asking about the jailbreak. You MAY be better off leaving it on 4.2, as Jailbreaks on 5.X are not permanent, you lose the jailbreak each time you have to reboot the device, plus the process to jailbreak is a bit tricker on 5.X

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am in the market for a tablet and thinking about an iPad 1 due to price is it still a good buy? I would use it to watch movies email some games stuff like that

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with my iPad one but if I were to buy an iPad today it would at least be a iPad 2 because of the operating system upgrading I have a feeling that the first generation iPad will not get ios 6 and even if it could I am not sure I would update. The iPad barely made it through the 5.0 upgrade. For browsing and email the iPad one is fine. It depends on the games you want to play. If they are memory intense games I would get a higher iPad.

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am very happy with my iPad one but if I were to buy an iPad today it would at least be a iPad 2 because of the operating system upgrading I have a feeling that the first generation iPad will not get ios 6 and even if it could I am not sure I would update. The iPad barely made it through the 5.0 upgrade. For browsing and email the iPad one is fine. It depends on the games you want to play. If they are memory intense games I would get a higher iPad.

I see what you are saying with being upgraded but for what I would use it for, web browsing, email, some light games, and watching videos, would whether or not it got upgraded really make a difference?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I still have my original iPad and don't have any issues out of it. Sure, browsing can be a little slow at times, but it's not worth spending another $500 to load a few websites faster. I'll stick with my iPad 1 till the 4 comes out next year. I do; however, always upgrade my phone to the latest available model. Keeping my phone fast, since it's my main device, is more important than my tablet.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2