synchronisation problems Ipad calender with Google Calender

Rainer

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone from Barcelona!!!

I would be very grateful if somebody could help me.

I?ve been using my IPAD for over a year now and obviously I would like to have a back up of my calender.

So, I?ve set up a gmail account to have a google calender. All fine so far.

I?ve even managed to set up the Synchronista process v?a the Ipad Calender and the Google Calender.

BUT, here is the BIG BUT

All events scheduled in the IPAD appear on the google calender with one day delay and the hours are wrong too.

...totally useless

Can somebody help????????????????
Please

Thanks a million

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
It sounds like your iPad and your Google Calendar account are set to different time zones.

In Google Calendar, click the Settings icon (the gear in the upper right corner). Under the General tab, the third setting down is "Your current time zone". Set it to your current time zone. It should be "(GMT+01:00) Madrid", right?

On the iPad, open the Settings app and go to "General -> Date & Time". Turn off "Set Automatically" and check what it says for Time Zone. It should say Barcelona, or Madrid, or some city in your time zone. If it does, just go back to automatic. If the time zone is wrong, you can click on it and enter "Barcelona" manually and it should be ok.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Also correct in the iPad settings under mail, contacts, and calendar>time zone support? (Not under Date & Time.)

Rainer

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Since you have been so helpful maybe you could also help me (or somebody else) with the following 2 questions:

1.) If i buy in the future a newer version of ipad or any other gadget I can just start synchronizing again...and I should always have the calender. Is this correct? So, one is not dependent anymore on physical hardware....I like that.

2.) On the ipad by default when I schedule a new event appears the ipad calender and I always need to select from the drop down menu the gmail account so that it back up?s everything on the google calender. Is there any way so that the gmail account is the default setting on my ipad. That would be ideal because now I always need to remember by inputting any event to always select the gmail option otherwise the event only appears on the ipad calender but not on the google calender.

Thanks a million as always
Rainer from BArcelona

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Glad it helped...as far as defaults go, I'm not sure on an iPad?I only have an iPhone. But for me everything I enter on my phone automatically syncs with my google calendar.

Basically I set up my google account as an Exchange account and turned on Calendar syncing in the settings for that account (I also sync my Mail and Contacts here). Then in the same place you checked the time zone settings, make sure your google calendar is chosen as default calendar.

Rainer

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Also, does anyone know by any chance if one can personalize the colours and day starting of the week in the google calender. I found an option but only for embedded calender and that?s not what I want to do. Thanks

Rainer

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
For example, I would like to change the starting day of the week to monday and change the background colour in the google calender. (but nothing to do with embedding the calender) Thanks a million

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Also, does anyone know by any chance if one can personalize the colours and day starting of the week in the google calender. I found an option but only for embedded calender and that?s not what I want to do. Thanks

You can from the web version, but I don't think you can do it on the iPad itself.

Edit: sorry, I thought you meant the color of the entries, not the background...don't know if that can be changed.

Rainer

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Massie, thanks...but now I have another new issue to face, the contacts!! Maybe you (or somebody else) could help me too. The calender is sorted now and I am happy to have a back up on the google calender but what about my contacts I have on the Ipad. Where do I have the backup copy?

On the ipad, under mail, contacts and calender it says the default account is google. What does this mean? Where can I see my contacts online? And where should they be? Is Google contacts and gmail contacts the same? Where should I be able to see them on the web? And what else do I have to do?

Thanks a million for your help as always
Rainer

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Massie, thanks...but now I have another new issue to face, the contacts!! Maybe you (or somebody else) could help me too. The calender is sorted now and I am happy to have a back up on the google calender but what about my contacts I have on the Ipad. Where do I have the backup copy?

On the ipad, under mail, contacts and calender it says the default account is google. What does this mean? Where can I see my contacts online? And where should they be? Is Google contacts and gmail contacts the same? Where should I be able to see them on the web? And what else do I have to do?

Thanks a million for your help as always
Rainer

Yes gmail contacts are same you can see then by logging into your gmail account on the computer as long as your iPad or iPhone is set as a exchange and sync calendar and contacts are checked .. Any changes made on your iPad to the contacts or calendar will show on the computer or vise versa

paspalum

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Help with google calendar

I need help with the google calendar. I am doing something stupid. I open the calendar and edit old events (delete or change something) and synchronize. After a few minutes all the changes disappear. Even when a close the calendar after synching, after some time everything goes back to the beginning: the changes disappear. If I add a new event there is no problem. All started when I begin to use calenMob Calendar.
Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2