What's the difference between the iPad wifi and iPad wifi + 3g?

lydia331

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I'm planning to buy an iPad and would like to know more of the details. I know that ipad wifi + 3g would offer me with internet usage anywhere and anytime. However, is it true that the ipad wifi + 3g is faster than the normal iPad? If so, how much faster?
Thanks.

ProjMob_Chris

Mar 17, 2011
www.prjctmobile.com
I don't think there is any truth to the claims of any iPad being faster than the other when comparing similar models of the same year. As for a nice difference that has come in handy for me a lot of times, the 3G models have a GPS chip built in so navigation and maps are infinitely more useful and accurate.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
they are the exact same thing except one has the ability to use 3G. One iPad isnt faster than the other unless its a iPad 1 vs iPad 2

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they are the exact sane except one has a 3G radio.

they are the exact same thing except one has the ability to use 3G. One iPad isnt faster than the other unless its a iPad 1 vs iPad 2

As someone else said, there is also the fact that the 3G model has GPS technology in it.

And, to be clear for the o.p., that 3G "Internet anywhere and anytime" feature is optional. You would have to pay a provider for that access. And you would only have it wherever there is a mobile signal. Without paying for that your device would have no Internet access, natively.

Good luck!