Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Question How can i transfer my iPhone 4 contacts to iPad 2

Does anyone know of a way to export all my contacts from my iPhone straight into my iPad 2 without having to re-type all of them in? Thanks a lot.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Sync them with your Mac/PC (iTunes)... or with Google (Gmail)... or with MobileMe... or with iCloud... and then to your iPad.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Thanked by:
    Alli (06-21-2011)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Setting up Google Sync is what I almost always find to be the best and easiest way to do this.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

I've never used google sync, but icloud worked perfectly to transfer my contacts from my phone to my ipad. It transferred the compatible apps too.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

U can try " idrive lite" i always use it to sync between my apple gadget and other device like, blackberry or android.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5 both

Google sync is the best. I use it for calendar, tasks, (theres an app for that) contacts, and obviously mail.

I've switched operating systems a couple times now, (I'm about to ditch to android soon) and the transition is flawless every single time. Get device. Enter gmail. Get to business.
    iPhone 3GS jailbroken/unlocked, iPad 1 jailbroken, PS3 (I wish it was jailbroken), Windows PC user.
    iPhone Nanite

Default iPhone to iPad Transfer Contact

Quote Originally Posted by inman2787 View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to export all my contacts from my iPhone straight into my iPad 2 without having to re-type all of them in? Thanks a lot.
    Look dude there is a free utility tool called iTunes with the help of which you can trasfer the iPhone contacts to the iPad. However 1 word of caution - the application would not transfer only contacts but the entire data from your iPhone to the iPad. It is because selective backup is not possible by iTunes. 1 More thing I would like to tell you is that the data transfer speed is real slow and sometimes it would hang as well.

Alternativel, if you don't wnat to use iTunes, you can opt for some secondary or 3rd party automatic software that can easily transfer the iPhone contacts to the iPad of yours. You can use iMacsoft Transfer Tool and I should say that I have been using the software for 1 year or so and it works like a real charm.

Have a Look: iphonetransfermac.com
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0/5.1.1

If you just want contacts, use the app Bump.
    Alex Nguyen
    Founder and CEO of iAppzTech, LLC and EvasionSERVERS, LLC
    Email: alex@alexn.in
    iMore Intermediate

we could use iCloud or App bump to tansfer the contacts well.
    FYI, found this tips "" is very useful on transfer data from iPhone 4 to 4S.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,883 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Just contacts simple way is to use iCloud all other ways work but simple way is iCloud

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iPhone Nanite

Cool Transfer Contracts

Assuming you use the same PC for your iPhone as your iPad and the iPhone has been synched... Open iTunes and plug your iPad into your PC. Click on "the name of your iPad" in "Devices" in the left sidebar. Under the "Info" tab at the top of the screen you'll find "Synch Contacts" Uncheck this if it's checked. Then check "Selected Groups" and then check "iphone." Click "Synch" at the bottom right of the screen. Your contacts should now load to your iPad. hey don't you want it, So click here to contact
    Last edited by tuhin; 01-11-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

I personally use my Y! account to transfer/sync my iPhone contacts (used it the last time I switched to my new iPh).

Here is a good article combining two methods of contact transfer/sync - iCloud and Yahoo:

Y! account has one advantage over Gmail contacts (fortunately or not) and that is the possibility to channel your FB contacts into your Y! accounts.

Another non-Cloud method of transferring contacts between iDevices is to use your computer. First, export the iPhone contacts to your PC:

Then import the entries to the iPad using the same tool.
    Last edited by Kaitokomauri; 07-25-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by inman2787 View Post
    1,connect iphone 4s to computer,then open itunes,click the "iphone 4" on the left bar,and click "info" to check "sync contacts",then click "sync" to sync the contacts to computer,disconnect iphone 4s to computer.

2,connect ipad 2 to computer,then click the "ipad 2" on the left bar,and click "info" to adcanced and then "replacing information on this ipad 2",then check contacts,click "sync" to sync the contacts from iphone 4 to ipad 2.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,883 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Umm use iCloud or gmail

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I recently noticed when I add contacts to my iPhone they are not syncing to my iPad. I am using gmail as an exchange account. This just started happening and was wondering if there was a way to get them back in sync again. Thanks.

---
    I am here:
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Douglas Wilson
    Verizon iPhone 6 plus 64G and iPad 4G 32GB
    iPhone Nanite

Default Ipad video tutorials ???

I have some problems at my Apple Ipad. And still i don't know some features of my iPad. It will be helpful if i get video tutorials for iPad functions and troubleshooting. I have searched all over for this. I couldn't find anyone very useful. If anyone has it inform me....

I have found it.Thanks everyone
    Last edited by soleman2010; 03-06-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Banned

Default Re: How can i transfer my iPhone 4 contacts to iPad 2

You need to sync your contacts to your computer using iTunes. This is explained clearly in Apple's iOS documentation.

Then sync the iPad using the same machine and make sure you enable "sync contacts" and "overwrite contacts on iPad for this sync".