What time should I line up...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
:mad: Okay, so if you read some of my other posts, I am not too happy that Apple has decided to not do pre-orders. After 2 phone calls and 2 online chats, it seems to be a no go. It's show up on launch day or order online on launch day. I was really hoping to pre-order and have it delivered on the 11th.

So this will be the first time I brave the crazed Apple fans on a launch day. While it looks like fun, I do wish I could be doing other things. So what do you think? Do you think there will be a huge turn out, crazy lines? Should I pull a 7 AM'er? What's your take? What are your plans?

My friend down in LA is going to be lining up at The Grove Los Angeles at 6 AM. He's a nut.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Well, considering it doesn?t even go on sale until 5pm that may change your plans of lining up at 6 or 7am. I personally am going to work a half a day and go to my local Best Buy store around 3pm and wait till 5pm to get it. It's totally up to you but I don?t think there will be long lines in the morning for the iPad since it doesn?t come out until 5pm. Just my personal thoughts though.

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Go to Wal-mart and buy it the morning of. No employees there are going to be holding it until 5pm. Heck they sold me my original Droid a whole day early.

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The same iPad sold at walmart will the be the same iPad sold at Best Buy or the Apple stores, just for $498.

I personnaly don't think its gonna have all the hype. I mean, its not like the iPhone on its first launch. Most general consumers don't even know that there is a New iPad coming.Those who do wil decide if the second gen is even worth the upgrade.

Besides if the iPas 2 was gonna have a ton of hype, they would have had those iLife apps pre installed

JRoid

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea, i heard walmart doesn't hold back. IF someone wants it, they will sell it. Just like their cd's. Who buys cd's nowadays anyways when we have ITUNEs.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The same iPad sold at walmart will the be the same iPad sold at Best Buy or the Apple stores, just for $498.

I personnaly don't think its gonna have all the hype. I mean, its not like the iPhone on its first launch. Most general consumers don't even know that there is a New iPad coming.Those who do wil decide if the second gen is even worth the upgrade.

Besides if the iPas 2 was gonna have a ton of hype, they would have had those iLife apps pre installed
Given the number of outlets, I would not expect lines. However, one might have visit more than one outlet.

I will go to Best Buy. My Best Buy deals with lines by coming out and offering vouchers for those that they have. By the time I go to Starbucks and come back, they are ready to check me out.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Who buys cd's nowadays anyways when we have Digital music

Fixed that for ya. ;)

Given the number of outlets, I would not expect lines. However, one might have visit more than one outlet.

I will go to Best Buy. My Best Buy deals with lines by coming out and offering vouchers for those that they have. By the time I go to Starbucks and come back, they are ready to check me out.

Well given Apple stores are ALWAYS packed, the iPad 2 is no different. SAure it may be a biut more packed, but whos to say all of those are actully buying a iPad?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Fixed that for ya. ;)

Well given Apple stores are ALWAYS packed, the iPad 2 is no different. SAure it may be a biut more packed, but whos to say all of those are actully buying a iPad?

Steve told us yesterday that there are now hundreds of stores. There were only a handful when the iPhone was announced. The reason that there are now so many is that they are all always packed.

Apple stock was up $7.44 per share today. A hundred shares would cover the cost of a new iPad. I hope you have some.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Did you see the share price rise when Steve went on stage? Awesome time to be part of

I did and I was in awe. it was akin to the feeling I had at seven when I was presented to Mr. and Mrs. Thomas J. Watson, Sr. Like all great leaders, Steve inspires strong feelings.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I forgot about Wally world. Since I sold a few on eBay. I'll be going to walmart then....

That plus my friends employee discount. I should be good

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I forgot about Wally world. Since I sold a few on eBay. I'll be going to walmart then....

That plus my friends employee discount. I should be good

If Walmart is anything like how it used to be when I was a manager there, your "friend" wont be able to 1) Buy it for at least a month and 2) that rules out your discount.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal