- 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM #26
- 03-02-2011, 03:17 PM #27
- 03-02-2011, 03:18 PM #28
- 03-02-2011, 03:25 PM #29
- 03-02-2011, 03:29 PM #30
- 03-02-2011, 03:34 PM #31
- 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM #32
I will be getting one, unfortunately I'm in Canada so it will be March 25 for me. I don't even want to use my iPad anymore LOL it already feels so old. I usuall buy computers very often so maybe that is where I picked up this habit.
- 03-02-2011, 04:43 PM #33iPhone Newbie
- 10 Posts
What to do?
I'm torn. Sure, I'd love an iPad 2 with all those nifty features and the cool cover (blue or green? Not sure), but part of me thinks I should wait as the iPad 3 rumors are rampant about the launch later this year. Plus, my current iPad is only 9 months old. But my birthday is in 2 weeks, so maybe my husband will decide for me.
- 03-02-2011, 04:47 PM #34iPhone Newbie
- 10 Posts
- 03-02-2011, 04:52 PM #35
- 03-02-2011, 04:55 PM #36
I am keeping my 64gb 3g and will wait for another release down the road. I am not thrilled with the cover for this new ipad and the camera is not that big of a draw for me. I do not need a camera on everything I own. My ipad is serving me well for my needs.
- 03-02-2011, 09:12 PM #37
While I can see the other side as far as people wanting to wait, I think the iP2 offers much more over the original. I for one will be selling my original iPad and will definitely be getting the iP2. To go along with my PlayBook as well. )
- 03-02-2011, 09:55 PM #38
I'm waiting. I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only one. My iPad still looks and feels brand new and it does everything I need it to right now. The A5 processor is the only thing that I want. I can wait till next year (or later this year) for the iPad 3 to hit the stores and then upgrade. This iPad will do it's job well for another year or so.
- 03-02-2011, 10:18 PM #39
- 03-02-2011, 11:10 PM #40
- 03-03-2011, 12:47 AM #41
- 03-03-2011, 05:34 AM #42
- 03-03-2011, 08:09 AM #43
I think i'll bite and grab one after thinking about it. Cancelled one of the refurbs i bought (for a gift) and will gift old one away instead. This time, it'll be the 64gb wifi one, hdmi adapter, and a cover.
It's too hard passing up on 2x the speed and 9x the graphics as well as the hdmi mirroring. I'm sure iOS 5 will be designed around this and the kiddo will like the photobooth & garageband which probably needs it.
On the 3G topic, it appears to be the old 3G. It's still not worth it since i can tether.
- 03-03-2011, 08:23 AM #44iPhone Intermediate
- 224 Posts
If it'd had the retina display, though, I'd be camped out at AppleLand awaiting the 11th.
- 03-03-2011, 10:08 AM #45iMore Intermediate
- 227 Posts
I bought, then sold the original ipad when the ihpne 4 came out. I will be jumping back on the bandwagon with the ipad 2. The upgrades have largely answered my gripes with the original ipad.
What irks me, though, is no pre-order. Why on earth would they do that? The logistics of getting one on day one will be tricky because I will be very busy that day. I'm just hoping that the alternate retailer (Best Buy/Walmart/Sams) route comes through for me. Even then, though, I have to wait until 5 P.M. ... so annoying.
- 03-03-2011, 10:20 AM #46
- 03-03-2011, 10:24 AM #47
- 03-03-2011, 10:30 AM #48iMore Intermediate
- 227 Posts
You know, that probably explains the odd time of release as well.
- 03-03-2011, 10:34 AM #49
- 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM #50