iPad - Buy?

Andy Rogers

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone -

Longtime lurker, first time poster...

So work just told me I'm hauling our equipment from Fairfax, VA to Yuma AZ in a week or so. It's a long story - needless to say, I'm less than thrilled.

So it's me and another guy that will be splitting the driving. I'm going to have to be able to respond to email and edit/create documents and powerpoints from the road. I know I can do all this with an iPad with 3G and iWorks.

It will also come in very handy for passenger seat entertainment.

If you were in my case, would you buy one? Waiting for the iPad2 isn't an option, and I'm burned about that, but it is what it is - so lets keep opinions from "wait for the 2" because I'm either buying this or I'm not.

I have the cash and I've checked the route we're taking and it's about 90% covered by 3G.

Andy

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
It has been my experience that when I wanted/needed something that I did not get, I regretted it for a long time. Even if you decide to upgrade to the new one when it is released, you will be able to recoup some of your expense by selling your old one and buying the new one.

I say go for it!!

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well seeing as you don't have a choice, I say go for it. The first gen is still a great product and will do what you plan on using it for.

On the plus side, iOS devices typically hold their value so when the new does come out, you could always sell the old one for half or better of the original price :). Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73