tabs reload

mattmeyeruk

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Wonder if anyone can help me. When i open new tabs in safari if I then change tabs the page will reload automatically. Which wastes time and if im on 3g wastes data as well. Anyone know if theres a way to turn this off as once its loaded I dont need it to do it again if i want to switch between tabs

thanks in advance.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I beleive this is the way the OS is designed to work mine does the same thing. There might be a JB app but I doubt Apple would allow an app that messes with OS functionality. So someone might chime in but you just might have to live with it.

lorin.bute

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The browser stores the page cache in the ram memory. Once you open another page the ram fills at one point (if the page has lots of content or if you open more tabs). Once you reach the limit of the ram the browser releases the cache of the first tab you opened and when accessed it reloads the page since it's no longer in the memory. Reloading your first tab will release the ram for another tab and so on. If the pages you are opening don't eat a lot of ram they won't reload, but if they do, they will reload. Apple says that writing the cache on the NAND flash memory is not a good idea and it decided to write it in the ram which is more crash free.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR