New iPad! I'm lovin it!

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey TiPb'ers!
I just got a new iPad today. This thing is amazing. I've used them at retail stores before but have never gone this in depth with it. I haven't used my laptop at all today except to sync it the first time. :p
I know that a new iPad is expected soon but I decided to go ahead and get one. :D Anyone in the same boat as me and just get one? How are you liking it? Any special apps you had to have once you opened it?

Here's to my first post on it as well :)

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I love mine also. I got mine between the holidays and thought I would just use it when I was traveling or on weekends but I found myself using it to read, surf the net and check my EMAILs after dinner instead of going to my "room" and using my IMAC. Now I spend more quality time with my wife :)rolleyes:).

The only problem I had was finding the right case for my needs.

monitoronly

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
have not found an ideal case yet. The current model lacks an extra side connector to offer both portait and landscape. Hope next model will be better.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ahh I'm debating soo much right now. I want to but at the same time I know that I'm gonna want the new one as soon as its out.

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
ImStrapped, what you can do is get one at Best Buy this week and have them put on the free buy back. That's what I did. When the new iPad comes out which is in less than 6 months you can get up to 50% back for it depending on the condition.

Monitoronly, I picked up 2 cases, the apple case for the iPad and the incase convertible book jacket. I think I'm going to return the incase one though, it's too thick for me. But the apple case is great, not too bulky and has everything covered it also comes with a cloth to clean the screen.

After almost a day of having it, I'm loving it!!

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
ImStrapped, what you can do is get one at Best Buy this week and have them put on the free buy back. That's what I did. When the new iPad comes out which is in less than 6 months you can get up to 50% back for it depending on the condition.

That BB program is the biggest waste ever, ever, ever. You can flip your iPad on eBay or Craigslist, and get more than the best buy offer. Crap, you can get enough cash to almost flat out get a new ipad with the money you'd make on ebay or craigslist....please, dont go the best buy route, they just want to rape you for your gear, and in turn flip it for my profit themselves.

nmoreman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I so agree on the BB BuyBack Program, especially when they charge you $70.

I bought one this week, the program is free, so at least it gives me the option, but do the math - 250 within 6 months (I got the 16 wifi only), or sell on Craigs list which is going for 400 for easy, quick sale.

So, I have a choice if the bottom falls out, but can't imagine anyone paying for privilege.

nmoreman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Best deal ever - I played with the one with Free Buy Back, decided to return and look on Craigs List. While in store, saw my daughter's friend who had one, 2 1/2 months old, going to Verizon IPhone and wanted Ipad with 3g for it. Bought it for $300, receipt for warranty, not a scratch. So happy, wanted an ereader but thought way too much money, so if I can't read this in sun - who cares. I will have fun and have always read books anyway.

And if the Ipad2 comes out and is so updated I have to have it (can't imagine why), I will be okay to flip and get money back. Woo Hoo

mattmeyeruk

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine and reading about the other tablets that can do multitasking. But not sure what that means. Mine appear's to do multitasking I.e I can be watching something on then Iplayer then jump into my facebook and then my email and then back to my video and it starts where I left off. What exactly will. These be able to do in terms of multitasking that my iPad can't.

zisel77

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Ahaaaa, I love Angry birds.
No matter what iPad 2 will be like, but we can sure that it will be better than the first generation, we have to do is waiting and waiting for its final appearance!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods