Upgrade from 16gb to 32gb, What do I need to do?

CoolStoryBro

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, first post!

I got a 16gig iPad for christmas. As much as I'm loving it, I decided to pay the restocking and upcharge for a 32 or 64 gig model. My question is what do I need to do to make sure that I'll have all my apps and everything set up for my new one? Is there anything special I need to do?

Thanks!

736dave

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
The apps are all part of your iTunes account. they will load on your new device easily enough from iTunes. You may have to reconfigure a few, that is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dukz

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
all your apps are stored with your itunes account so ur fine.

as for buying a new ipad i would say wait a few months as the new ipad is going to be released. because you have an ipad already i would say wait.

any new first time ipad buyers i would say buy the old one

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi everyone, first post!

I got a 16gig iPad for christmas. As much as I'm loving it, I decided to pay the restocking and upcharge for a 32 or 64 gig model. My question is what do I need to do to make sure that I'll have all my apps and everything set up for my new one? Is there anything special I need to do?

Thanks!
Since you're just exchanging...upgrading, even, not returning, there should be no restocking fee (depending on the retailer) so object if they try to charge you one.

You didn't say if you had the wifi or 3G model. If it's 3G, and if you have AT&T service on your iPad, KEEP YOUR SIM CARD. No one told me and I didn't know any better since it was my first gsm experience...and AT&T wasn't very helpful, at all.

Good luck.

CoolStoryBro

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. I had some extra tax return money left over so I splurged a bit and got the 64gig instead. Since what's been coming out about the iPad 2 doesn't really interest me much That should hold me over until the iPad 3 comes out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner