Is safari the best iPad web browser?

dgo

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys

Just got my iPad for Xmas, I'm really enjoying it! Already I have found it is tacking over my MacBook for general use.

I have been using the default safari browser, it's pretty good. However I downloaded Downloads HD as I wanted to download some files. This browser seems a lot faster then safari and it also has the ability to download files and tabs.

This just led me to ask what is the best browser for iPad? Please give me your thoughts and opinions.

orff#IM

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I like Surfboard

from the home page surfboardapp.com

"Whether your iPad is in the dock or sitting on your desk, SurfBoard opens all of your web destinations in easily viewable thumbnails ? not layered tabs ? so you instantly get an overview of what is new in the places you care about ? news, social media, shopping, blogs?anywhere. Jump on Surfboard for a customized ride!"

It is like the safari home page on desktop safari with visual thumbs, except since its an iPad, you can pinch zoom into them like the photos app.

Pretty cool, I use it every day.

Reactions: PREferred#IM

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
All browsers on iPad use the same renderer as Safari (they just pull up their own WebView controller) so if you like certain features, like tabs or whatever, go for what works for you.

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Safari sucks for me, in small part because I makes so many sites default to mobile versions. I'm much happier using Atomic.

dgo

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm now using IcabMobile

I'm a lot happier using this over safari, it has those features that make me feel like I'm using a fully featured browser and not a mobile version.

I hope apple give us all the features we require in safari as it would be nice to not have to worry about alternative browsers.

Airwolf

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought Atomic Web Browser after "trying" it out for a week or so. Its $1 and has the all important feature of ad blocking. Skyfire is nice as long as you dont mind the "OMG FACEBOOK TWITTER INTEGRATION GO GO GO OMG FACEBOOK TWITTER INTEGRATION GO GO GO OMG FACEBOOK TWITTER INTEGRATION GO GO GO OMG FACEBOOK TWITTER INTEGRATION GO GO GO" all over the screen everywhere.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2