Dropped Ipad

platanero1107#IM

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So I dropped my ipad the other day (i keep in a case but the corners are exposed) and one of the corners got dented and scratched anyone have any ideas if Apple would exchange it or what I could do I just hate seeing that corner like that. Any info would be appreciated.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I use the Otterbox defender case which provides lots of cushioning around the corners. You could use the commuter or defender case to cover your iPad and protect it from future spills. Defender has a great screen cover protecting the screen as well. Other options include putting the Griffin Grip case or one like it which will cover up the blemish and still fit in a leather portfolio case, albeit tightly. Doubtful that Apple would replace it though. You would need Accident Protection by a third party.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You can go in and be honest with them and you might get lucky. With that being said I wouldn't expect anything other than for them to say no. An Otterbox would be your best bet! I have the Commuter and love it.

andrewp23

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
id go to apple be honest with them and try and make them feel sorry for you and if that doesnt work make some noise and shout a bit. that works a lot of the time.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
id go to apple be honest with them and try and make them feel sorry for you and if that doesnt work make some noise and shout a bit. that works a lot of the time.

I wouldn't start getting loud or shout if they tell you no. After all it is not their place to replace a device that YOU dropped. Just sayin...

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't start getting loud or shout if they tell you no. After all it is not their place to replace a device that YOU dropped. Just sayin...

I agree, you can try- and just ask, but to be ugly about something you did is just childish. Besides, you dented the device.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Yeah. I don't think stores like it when people shout. It scares some people and makes some even fell unsafe. Plus stores just care about making money. They don't care about felling sorry for someone who dropped their device.

but +1 on being honest. Being honest goes a long way, but putting on a show wont always work. It may work the first two or three times (or more if you are really good) but soon they will pick up that you are scamming them and will refuse the service you asked.

PREferred#IM

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
So I dropped my ipad the other day (i keep in a case but the corners are exposed) and one of the corners got dented and scratched anyone have any ideas if Apple would exchange it or what I could do I just hate seeing that corner like that. Any info would be appreciated.

Ouch! I believe you need a different case. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner