Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Looking for a good e-book?

I recently read the debut novel, The Messiah of Green Street by Shuab Parvez. I thoroughly recommend it. A mixture of literary fiction and magical realism and very imaginatively written.
    iMore Beginner

89 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Nice review. Is there a good place that lists eBooks for the iPad aside from going through iBooks?
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

I don't know if an e-book is available but I recently listened to "Torment" audiobook via audible.com The book is really good in my opinion, it's an angel and demon fantasy storyline.
    iMore Guru

1,714 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,469 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy1 View Post
    Nice review. Is there a good place that lists eBooks for the iPad aside from going through iBooks?
    The nice thing about the iPad as an e-book reader is that one is not limited to a bookseller. On my iPad I buy and read books from Apple, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, e-Reader, and Google. I get the classics for free using Stanza.

I am a fan of Book-TV on C-Span 2. Almost every book that is reviewed there is available for the iPad. Buying e-books is so spontaneous that I have to curb my tendency to buy books faster than I can read them.
    iPhone Pro

697 Posts
    Global Posts
    698 Global Posts

I read two awesome e-books recently(sure they're great in print too, hahaha) but it was called 29 Jobs and A Million lies, and Deaths Memory. They were free on iBooks and worth the download!
    iMore Intermediate

414 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

29 Jobs and A Million lies, sounds fit to me, would like to get it and have a read.
    Well, one of my friend recommend Siddhartha to me, Im going to read it, it's about Siddhartha, a young man, leaves his family for a contemplative life, then, restless, discards it for one of the flesh.