Metal Case for iPad on eBay?

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. New here and waiting for my iPad to arrive. While waiting, I am loooking at cases. I am considering getting a slim metal case similar to the Boxwave or PDair cases. I am especially interested in the durable screen protection from direct blows as I would be carrying the iPad in a backpack while cycling. However, I don't like the Boxwave and PDair cases because they open from the left. I found a nice looking one on eBay titled, "Metal iPad Case Sleeve! Slimmest/lightest in the world" (item number 150494338767) out of Ohio. It looks nice and would do the trick, however I am concerned with the build quality. I don't want a case that the iPad would easily fall out of with the slightest of nudging. So I am wondering if anyone has experience with this case and how tightly it holds the iPad.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

jeff1974w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd be careful getting a case off eBay, especially if it's a no name brand.

Like you I was on the hunt for a case while waiting on my iPad to arrive. I went to best buy, walmart and target. I ended up purchasing the leather speck brand book case from target.

YouTube is a great place to look at iPad case reviews and a lot of other products. As a matter of fact I use YouTube when I'm shopping to see a product review and how it works.

Good luck with your case search.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Like Jeff says, you really can't tell just from the eBay text, but you can from the feedback. See if the vendor has sold many of these cases and what the feedback is.

Personally speaking, I would only buy a case in person because I would want to test how it feels & so forth. I wanted a very thin & light case & found one at the Apple store, but probably would have had a tough time figuring out that was what I wanted based on catalogs only.

This place here also has a store with many cases & reviews. I'd consider this place more reliable than eBay if you wish to shop by mail.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Slide - that is a great suggestion. There have been over 90 cases sold by the seller and no complaints about them. I tried to contact a couple buyers to see their thoughts, but they never responded. Probably thought I was a phisher. At any rate, I will think about this one more. If I get one of the cases, I will post my thoughts about here for others to read.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl