ios 4.2 came out last month and i got it straight away and i loved it but sometimes it crashed during multitasking and muktitasking drained battery life abit.
    12-03-2010 12:07 PM
    I havn't had any problems whats so ever with 4.2 on my iPad. Then again I did a full restore and started fresh. (No backups)
    12-03-2010 12:15 PM
    Good and bad, but progress nonetheless.
    12-04-2010 08:53 AM
    Yeah I don't have any issues with it, but I bought it a few days ago, and upgraded right away without using 3.x

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    12-04-2010 01:07 PM
    I love it, finally having multi-tasking and folders after having it on iPhone 4 for so long.
    12-04-2010 11:45 PM
    It is really great, but my battery life decreased
    12-07-2010 08:34 AM
    It is really great, but my battery life decreased
    How much battery time do you get now then?
    12-10-2010 07:45 PM
    I love the added versatility that iOS 4.2.1 gives me! And SO glad to clean up my screens with the use of folders!
    12-11-2010 04:15 AM
    Multitasking is nice, but that's about it. I still love my iPad.
    12-11-2010 11:27 AM
    Multitasking is nice, but that's about it. I still love my iPad.
    Multitasking seems like such a big thing, to me. I look forward to having it.

Too bad it's not like on webOS, where every app automatically multitasks, as opposed to requiring updates to participate.
    12-14-2010 09:55 AM
    Had some issues with Words with Friends at first, but they quickly updated the app and it's working fine now. No more setting up my MobileMe calendars manually as CalDAV accounts. Nice. I forget it has multi-tasking now, I keep going home and then launching apps instead of double-tapping the home button. So used to that! Loving it.
    12-14-2010 05:16 PM
    Yes I agree that multitasking is probably the best new feature of iOS 4.2, but I agree that the fact that apps don't automatically have multitasking like webos an have to get updated is a bit pointless, and that it dropped the battery life down a bit is annoying. What I also found is that when you multitask it takes down the battery but when you just stay in an app for a while or switch apps by going back to the home screens rather than the fast app switcher it doesn't reduce the battery as much.
    12-18-2010 01:10 PM
    I was excited for Game Center. Now, I just don't get the point?

The multi-tasking...is *alright*, I suppose. I could just use Backgrounder and be content though.

Oh well...

Here's hoping for something "magical" in 4.3.
    12-18-2010 01:35 PM
    Generally happy with the update, but why do so many apps have to run in the background all the time? I like multitasking, but usually when I'm done with an app for the day...I'm done.

Why does an app like Wash Post, Wired magazine or say....Angry Birds need to run in the background after I'm done? Constantly going into the multi- task screen to close old apps is a bit annoying IMHO
    12-18-2010 03:07 PM
    If anybody is facing battery drain problems,crashing issues with the ipad then try restoring it in itunes after backing up all your data in itunes.If the problem still persists then wait for iOS 4.3 to launch as it is rumoured to bring a lot of bug fixes and will hopefully solve your problem.Regards.
    12-22-2010 02:59 AM
    the multitasking on the ipad is brilliant my cousins got one cant wait to get mine!!
    12-26-2010 02:47 PM
    I was excited for Game Center. Now, I just don't get the point?

The multi-tasking...is *alright*, I suppose. I could just use Backgrounder and be content though.

Oh well...

Here's hoping for something "magical" in 4.3.
    Same here. I load a game and I get an annoying pop up wanting me to sign in to game center. I just want to play the game. I could care less about shinny badges or scores.

multitasking is good, but I don't like how you have to close each one. Why is there no "close all" option?
    12-26-2010 06:24 PM

multitasking is good, but I don't like how you have to close each one. Why is there no "close all" option?
    Because you don't need to.

iPhone OS 4 multitasking explained, again | When Will Apple?
    12-27-2010 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD