iPad set up questions

aviduser

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I am now the proud owner of a new iPad and I have some questions.

First, the background: I plan on using the device as a general purpose family tablet. So the kids will use the iPad to do their educational games (instead of using my laptop); we will use it to play videos for the kids on trips; my wife and I will share it for news browsing, etc.

Now, the question: We have several Macs, and my wife and I each have our own user accounts. We have a shared iTunes library, but each of us has an iTunes Store account. (My wife has an iPhone, I have an iPod.) Should I set the iPad up as the "FamPad" with its own separate iTunes store login? I guess I would sync it with a "Family" account on the Mac, too.

Thoughts? Anyone dealing with a similar issue?

BTW, I wish that the iPad allowed different user logins like full blown Mac OS. That would make this thing infinitely more useful.

Thanks,

aviduser

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Or it would at least be cool if u could duplicate app icons on to different home pages. Each user could be using their own homepage with folders.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If you have the FamPad account, how are the purchased apps going to be managed? And what about iTunes content from you and your wife? Is there a good process for getting content from the multiple accounts on the iPad?