IPad video quality on plane

Jakkalope

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I bought my ipad yesterday so I'm still learning. I am on a plane as I type this and have tried to use netflix but the time it takes to download or stream a show/movie is a lot longer than what i was expecting. Am i having lag issues because of gogoinflight or can i expect video quality on the iPad to always be poor?

Also a few apps will not finish downloading..they stand in cue and they never seem to finish. I downloaded an espn app at home last night and had no problems. Again i suspect the wifi on the plane is the issue but am not sure.

The main reason for this purchase was to watch movies and shows on a plane as it relieves some of my anxiety about flying. Anything i can do to better the speed and quality? I have not tried 3G yet but have read that it's worse and slower than wifi. Is this true?

Thanks

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Download the SpeedTest.net app and run a speed test on both Wi-Fi and the 3G. That will at least tell you which is faster.

Sometimes when I use wi-fi that's provided by a business such as Borders, it's really crap for some reason. Best I can guess is because all the people using it. I tend to stay on 3G and just Wi-Fi @ home where I know it's a solid connection.

j12smith

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds interesting, but I'll wait for playback to improve before purchasing.

I've always wondered why vlc never released an app for the iPhone or iPad. It's open source, so why did it have to be released in the jb store? Does Apple not want a real video player on their iDevices?

iphone app

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sounds interesting, but I'll wait for playback to improve before purchasing.

I've always wondered why vlc never released an app for the iPhone or iPad. It's open source, so why did it have to be released in the jb store? Does Apple not want a real video player on their iDevices?

iphone app
Netflix is free. There is also a VLC player app available in the Apple App Store (Free). VLC Now Available for iPhone - TiPb article.

j12smith

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Now iPad is quite popular among people though it has been sold for only a few months. Every one who got iPad are very proud.

It is also pretty cool to enjoy your dvd or video on your iPad at anywhere such as on the plane, in the bus, in the subway or at your office.

But iPad can not support DVD format and most popular video, so it becomes diffucult for some

ipod touch app

amg

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
With many people on a plane sharing what is probably just a few megabits, I can't imagine you'd have enough bandwidth to support streaming video. Also, the latency has got to be terrible!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner