Otterbox $49 (Will iPad Still Fit in Sleeve)

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I thinking about getting an Otterbox for the iPad. I do not like them for the iPhone, but I think the iPad may be a better investment.

They are on sale for the next 36-hours for $49.

How much bulk do they add? Will it still fit in a sleeve?

I'm tossed between sleeve, folio, or hard case.

I will use it a lot around the house but will also take it to meetings. I may watch videos on it as well.

Sounds like the Otterbox is the solution...

Thoughts?

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Nevermind. I ended up purchasing the iPad Otterbox case new online MacMall for $49. Next day delivery was $11.99 and it is on a truck for delivery to my house today. I hope to have it before I depart for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

aviduser

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
So how do you like the otterbox? I read that you have to remove the case to charge the iPad--seems unlikely or a poor design. But is it true? That might be a deal breaker if so.

I expect my kids will use my iPad, and I want it protected from drops, spills and grubby paws. :)

Thoughts?

Thanks,

aviduser

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to remove the entire case, just the part where the dock port is. It is very "easy to remove. You would do well to get the Otterbox case. I have an extra Otterbox Defender case that I any selling. I won two on eBay I but only need one. Trying to get my # of posts up to 30 and then I can list the case. However, if any one is interested before I post the case over in the trading section of the forum, just PM me and I can send you more info and pictures.

Bottom line, if you are concerned about protecting your iPad from small drops and surviving a book bag or children, the Otterbox Defender case is the way to go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro