Where to buy

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Is there any advantage to purchasing an iPad from BestBuy, Target, or AT&T? It's all the same price. Are any of them offering any special deals ($25 gift card, extended service, etc)?

I am getting one but I don't see why I should buy it from any place but Apple. Is that just because there are two Apple stores within 20 miles of my house?

I am not sure I get it.

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Best buy has their financing deal and the extended warranty with them. Target you can save 5% on the device if you use their credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there any advantage to purchasing an iPad from BestBuy, Target, or AT&T? It's all the same price. Are any of them offering any special deals ($25 gift card, extended service, etc)?

I am getting one but I don't see why I should buy it from any place but Apple. Is that just because there are two Apple stores within 20 miles of my house?

I am not sure I get it.

Well remember this. No matter where you buy it. Its still an iPad. So if you buy it from Target, it will be the same as the one you can buy at Apple.

Call the store before to make sure they have them in stock.

Check with your employer to see if they are in the Apple EPP Program. (Employee Purchase Program) I used to work at Target and we got discounts on Apple products via a special Apple website. Of course I can't give it out as its only open for Current and former Target Employees. (as with any EPP program)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, you can buy iPad on a discounted price. This is against Apple's policy. Macmall.com offers a free Overnight shipping for all iPad orders. BTW, you can only order this via phone with Macmall.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, you can buy iPad on a discounted price. This is against Apple's policy. Macmall.com offers a free Overnight shipping for all iPad orders. BTW, you can only order this via phone with Macmall.

So its illegal for Target to sell it for 5% less if a customer uses their Target card? Its also illegal for Apple to give discounts on refurbished models, as well as new ones via the EPP, government or education stores?

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
That what I ended up doing. Apple was out of the model I wanted so I just went over to BestBuy. Anybody getting the Apple Care on the iPad?

DavidSights

Oct 20, 2010
youtube.com
and its nice to shop other places that may be more covenant for some. Not everyone has an Apple store close by. Plus my local Apple store is always packed (as with all Apple Stores) and the people there don't always seem knowlagable.

My local run Apple authorized reseller has much better service

Wow, looks like someone's got an issue with inconveniently located Apple Stores. How about moving closer, lazy ass! (just kidding)

I think the experience of purchasing products from the Apple Store is much more enjoyable - and no, I'm not just saying that because it's an Apple Store.
At the Apple Stores, employees sit down with you after your purchase and help you set up your device so you can use it on the way out of the store. Purchasing it from any other store would mean having to wait till you get home (which would suck if you live far away) so you can connect it to iTunes. Also, the employees (at least pretend to) care about you being comfortable with what you purchase. It's not just scan, pay and leave. You get to open it with them, inspect it, ask questions, and it's all one on one.
Apple Store > anywhere else when it comes to shopping experience, but if you couldn't care less about getting answers to questions or friendly retailers, go for where ever sells it the cheapest. :)

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
So its illegal for Target to sell it for 5% less if a customer uses their Target card? Its also illegal for Apple to give discounts on refurbished models, as well as new ones via the EPP, government or education stores?

There should be an internal agreement between Apple and the merchant and by the way, I am only talking about brand new iPad.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
At the Apple Stores, employees sit down with you after your purchase and help you set up your device so you can use it on the way out of the store. Purchasing it from any other store would mean having to wait till you get home (which would suck if you live far away) so you can connect it to iTunes. Also, the employees (at least pretend to) care about you being comfortable with what you purchase. It's not just scan, pay and leave. You get to open it with them, inspect it, ask questions, and it's all one on one.
Apple Store > anywhere else when it comes to shopping experience, but if you couldn't care less about getting answers to questions or friendly retailers, go for where ever sells it the cheapest. :)

What you consider good service is actually annoying to me. The last thing i want is to stand in the apple store while an employee (usually too cheerful but not too bright) proceeds to walk me through the paces of an ipad after the purchase. It's not exactly rocket science and besides, that's what you do prior to buying.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I got mines from Best Buy as well. I actually didn't even walk into to the store to purchase it. I was just browsing around and saw a sign for 18 months no interest on a best buy card, i applied got approved and made my purchase and LOVE IT!!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow, looks like someone's got an issue with inconveniently located Apple Stores. How about moving closer, lazy ass! (just kidding)

I think the experience of purchasing products from the Apple Store is much more enjoyable - and no, I'm not just saying that because it's an Apple Store.

Most questions can be answered with a simple Google search.Besides, they have demos. you go on one and if you have a question you ask before you buy.

There should be an internal agreement between Apple and the merchant and by the way, I am only talking about brand new iPad.

so Target must get permission from Apple to start their own credit card program?

What you consider good service is actually annoying to me. The last thing i want is to stand in the apple store while an employee (usually too cheerful but not too bright) proceeds to walk me through the paces of an ipad after the purchase. It's not exactly rocket science and besides, that's what you do prior to buying.

Tell me about it. I had a 13" unibody macbook thats Enter key fell off. I went in at 9:30. Store was empty minus the few employees and another customer. The girl told me to make an appointment and come back at 4pm. I then told the girl all I want is my enter key to be put back on. She said in one of those dumb blonde type of tones "Well... that the rules, and you may be charged since they do a full inspection of the computer" I then told her "Well all I want is my enter key to be placed back on" and she said in that same tone "Well still..." and walked off. As I left the store I saw her take out her phone and started to text.

I went to my local run authorized Apple retailer. it took them like ten seconds to pop it back on. I wasn't even in the store for more then three minutes. I wasn't charged. They didn't inspect the system, as there was nothing wrong with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh