Slingbox app for iPad coming... Finally!

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Yet another way for providers to get more data charges as people go beyond the ridiculously low data caps using Netflix, audio streaming, and Slingbox.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Who knows...this is sling media we are talking about....I think I would have been better off just not knowing until it was released...now I have to check everyday...we need to sweet talk Rene into doing some investigating...it could just now being developed...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Who knows...this is sling media we are talking about....I think I would have been better off just not knowing until it was released...now I have to check everyday...we need to sweet talk Rene into doing some investigating...it could just now being developed...
Agreed. I will believe it when I see it. They are slow in general and their "announcements" mean only that it is on their list. It does not mean that it is imminent.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Yet another way for providers to get more data charges as people go beyond the ridiculously low data caps using Netflix, audio streaming, and Slingbox.
It was in contemplation of such services that the carriers limited data.

There was a report this week that peak Netflix traffic now consumes 20% of the net capacity.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
That's why i'm stuck with AT&T until LTE rolls out...I am under unlimited plans on iPhone and iPad and they won't be able to kick me out until technology changes, then they can make me change plans...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
That's why i'm stuck with AT&T until LTE rolls out...I am under unlimited plans on iPhone and iPad and they won't be able to kick me out until technology changes, then they can make me change plans...

I am now up to 4 systems where I use my Verizon MiFi. Rented a GSM MiFi when I was in Europe last week. Of course AT&T could have had that business in a heartbeat if they had had a competitive pricing plan. Sold my AT&T stock today.

Last edited:

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
It's probably logical to assume that will will not see the iPad app until at least after 4.2 comes out...since we are so close to as iOS update I'm pretty sure they won't want to release a broken product, to turn around and have to hurry an update to fix....

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
It's probably logical to assume that will will not see the iPad app until at least after 4.2 comes out...since we are so close to as iOS update I'm pretty sure they won't want to release a broken product, to turn around and have to hurry an update to fix....
I agree with your reasoning. I hope that there are lots of iPad apps queued up for the same reason. I hope the iOS4.2 will release a backlog of iPad apps.

That said, Slingbox is very late. As best I can tell, the only Slingbox client for the Mac is the Firefox plug-in. Seems to be working well and I do not know what a native client might include that this does not, but I was surprised.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Ok I might be the only one who cares about this, but looks like they are just waiting for4.2 on the iPad before releasing :-D... Cmon apple!!! No one cares about the beatles

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
@guinness - You are not the only one. I have put off a Slingbox for years. Additionally, I have put off an iPad. Now that I am getting an iPad, I have to get the Slingbox in December and the iPad app will make it great.

I may buy the app as I already have the cracked app for iPhone (though I can not use it). I'll give them money in hopes of updates.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2