Slingbox app for iPad coming... Finally!

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey I have the iPhone app is the resolution worth another $30 or should I stick with the iPhone version on my iPad?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I do not mind giving Sling money, but if you are on a budget, stick with the iPhone app.

Last edited:

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
There's enough difference for me that the $30 was worth it. I like the controls interface as well as the quality of picture (even on 3G).

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
There's enough difference for me that the $30 was worth it. I like the controls interface as well as the quality of picture (even on 3G).
I like both the control and the picture quality. However, I still say, if you are on a budget, stay with the iPhone app.

amg

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I have a SlingBox Classic and have been using the iPhone app - I've read the rumors that the iPad app won't work with the Classic - has anyone actually tried it? If I have to replace my SlingBox I may just abandon slinging altogether...

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I received my Slingbox in the mail yesterday. Before I open it, I want to get some more feedback. What has been your experience with it?

Do you like it more than the Monsoon Vulkano?

THanks!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I received my Slingbox in the mail yesterday. Before I open it, I want to get some more feedback. What has been your experience with it?

Do you like it more than the Monsoon Vulkano?

THanks!
I am on my second Slingbox. I have had a Classic and a Solo. I bought the Solo at a price offered to Classic customers in order to be able to use the iPhone client.

I have been very happy with both. Works as advertised. It works extremely well over a fast connection. Over a slow connection it degrades gracefully. Connection has to be very bad to break it. I have watched mine from a half dozen airplanes and a dozen hotels.

I have the clients for Windows, iPhone, and iPad. I used the iPhone app on my iPad at 2X and was very happy with it. I upgraded to the iPad when it became available. When I installed it, it required a firmware update to the Solo before it would operate. Since the iPad app is much higher resolution than the iPhone at 2X, this really should not surprise anyone. I use a browser plug-in on my MacBook. I think that the plug-in will be the client direction for all personal computers in the future.

It is easy to use with my Scientific Atlanta 4250HD and with whatever cable box I had before that.

Setup is relatively easy. Once set up, you never have to touch it again. I have learned to expect a firmware update about every six months or so but the update process is automagic.

My sister is very happy with hers. Hers is hooked to a Tivo. I have yet to meet anyone with a complaint.

I cannot compare it to anything else, except to say that it pretty much has the space to itself.

Last edited:

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
It is good to hear a positive review of the Slingbox. There were great reviews back in the day but fewer today.

Hmmm. ... what do do.

I guess I do have 90 days to return it...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox