BADLY need imexchange advice/info from existing users...thanks..

corb#IM

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
hi there, sorry to bother everyone, but i'm DESPERATELY trying to get some info on imexchange. i'm a decade-long, heavy outlook user, especially tasks and notes, and i'm trying to find a way to get good functionality on my ipad for those things. i've tried MANY third party apps and they're all kind of lacking. i'm considering going to a hosted exchange server and using IMexchange but i have a couple questions about how it performs and i cant get an answer from their support. i'd love to ask you a couple questions if you've been using it.

specifically:
-can you work offline with notes and tasks on the ipad/iphone using imexchange or do you have to have a connection?
-if you CAN, is it read-only or can you make changes in your notes/tasks offline and have them sync when you get connected to exchange again?
-if you CAN'T, how long does it take to load the data each time you open the app? i have 300 tasks and 1700 notes.. is this practical?
-is there a good view for ipad that uses it's potential real estate to see a good long list of your tasks/notes, or is it restricted to the iphone layout, where you can only see a few at a time?
-are you using exchange 2010? ive heard it doesnt work with 2010.

thanks a million for your time.
cheers
corb.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
hi there, sorry to bother everyone, but i'm DESPERATELY trying to get some info on imexchange. i'm a decade-long, heavy outlook user, especially tasks and notes, and i'm trying to find a way to get good functionality on my ipad for those things. i've tried MANY third party apps and they're all kind of lacking. i'm considering going to a hosted exchange server and using IMexchange but i have a couple questions about how it performs and i cant get an answer from their support. i'd love to ask you a couple questions if you've been using it.

specifically:
-can you work offline with notes and tasks on the ipad/iphone using imexchange or do you have to have a connection?
-if you CAN, is it read-only or can you make changes in your notes/tasks offline and have them sync when you get connected to exchange again?
-if you CAN'T, how long does it take to load the data each time you open the app? i have 300 tasks and 1700 notes.. is this practical?
-is there a good view for ipad that uses it's potential real estate to see a good long list of your tasks/notes, or is it restricted to the iphone layout, where you can only see a few at a time?
-are you using exchange 2010? ive heard it doesnt work with 2010.

thanks a million for your time.
cheers
corb.

1. Yes you can work offline with notes and tasks
2. You can make changes to existing or new notes and tasks and they will sync upon connection to server
3. Not so sure about that one. Mine only shows active tasks, and I only have about 50 notes, so I can't help you with that one.
4. Actually I am still using Exchange 2003 (yeah, I know, but if it aint broke). I do know someone who uses it with exchange 2007 and do not have problems. I can't comment on Exchange 2010 support.

Reactions: corb#IM

corb#IM

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
wow. thanks for your response... re: my view/real estate question, are you using iphone or ipad? are there any options for different screen views or font sizes? how many tasks or notes can you see from your list on the screen at once?

are you basically happy with the software? is it pretty solid with the syncing and everything?

cheers.

frodo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just be careful on how you group your notes. I had various note folders in Outlook 2010 with an Exchange 2003 client. IMExchange2 did not reflect those folders (they were not even shown). But it can use Outlook?s categories. So I had to restructure my various note folders, grouping notes inside each of them as a single (colored) category. IMExchange2 can display notes by subject, category or last modify. Sorting by category allow me to bring some order in the iPad counterpart.

As far as tasks are concerned, I don?t like the fact that Outlook?s email follow ups are pushed in the task pane. That populated IMExchange2 task list more than I would have liked.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
wow. thanks for your response... re: my view/real estate question, are you using iphone or ipad? are there any options for different screen views or font sizes? how many tasks or notes can you see from your list on the screen at once?

are you basically happy with the software? is it pretty solid with the syncing and everything?

cheers.

I'm using it on an iPhone 4 now. Also used on Iphone 3G and 3GS.

As far as I know there aren't font size changes or screen views (except for standard sort by stuff (date, subject, priority, category). I don't recall seeing any update saying it has different format for iPad.

on iPhone 8 tasks when it task view and 8 notes when it notes view. Not sure what it would look like on the iPad.

I'm pretty happy with the software, its the best solution I found for keeping track of my task and notes with Exchange. But to be honest I don't use the notes functon in outlook that much anymore, because even from my Treo 750 days, Activesync didn't sync notes wirelessly. So I just started creating Contacts with Note Titles and it works pretty good.

I'm not sure what IM Exchange2 is, looks like maybe the free or lite version. I use the full versio of IM Exchange, I think it like $7.99. Maybe try the IM Exchange2 to see if you get more screen real estate on your iPad.

rareed0219

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I use it on both iPhone and iPad and the app is not optimized for iPad. It uses the iPhone layout (I hope they change that soon!). I'm using it with Exchange 2007 perfectly. Only hitch I see (other than the aforementioned lack of iPad version) is that every iOS update seems to break the connection until they update the software.

corb#IM

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
hey folks. i'm back. i've got my hosted exchange service up and running, my ipad is behaving nicely with active sync, but i'm having a heck of a time getting IMExchange 2 to speak to exchange for tasks and notes. i'm runnin outlook and exchange 2007. can any of you give insight on what values you used for these fields in IMExchange 2 account settings:

EMAIL
SERVER
DOMAIN
USERNAME
PASSWORD
NAME:
USE SSL: ON
EXCHANGE 2003: OFF

i repeatedly tried the ones that my hosting service came up with for my activesync, but they're not working for me. keep getting ERROR. there was a problem accessing the account. please check the account settings.

help! i'm so close!! :)

Micahbarham

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue on hosted exchange 07.

I'm with rackspace and a tech there said he was able to configure the app with the activesync fields. This did not work for me. I should have the details when that tech has his next shift.

I have tried every imaginable combination of settings, including OWA settings.
The setup instructions from the app store says to use OWA settings. No luck here yet.

02batmobile

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I too am questioning how to set up "IMexchange 2". I can't figure the account settings to make it work with outlook 2007 tasks

EMAIL
SERVER
DOMAIN
USERNAME
PASSWORD
NAME:
USE SSL: ON
EXCHANGE 2003: OFF

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It's going to depend on your particular Exchange environment. There are no universal settings that are going to work for everyone.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
You only have a couple of settings to test. Have you experimented? I have it set for Exchange 2003 and Use SSL. Works great for me, but your Exchange host or employer may have different settings on their server. I'm using sherweb hosted exchange.

cjc182

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
iMEchange Data back to server?

Hi,

Is there a way to sync the data from IMExchange so it overrides the information on the server?

I lost all my tasks on my work server and want to push the tasks on iMEXchange back to the server.

Thanks.

NigelH

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
BADLY need imexchange advice/info from existing users.

I am using Exchange Online and when I initially set up IMexchange it worked fine.

Then I switched to the paid-for version, and after two days of it working, I suddenly started getting the "there was a problem accessing the account..." error message.

Trying to get support from the developer has proven to be impossible. Does anyone out there have any thoughts please?

Thanks!

asagy

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
How to?

I have a very, very basic question... How do I use this app? I can see it on my iphone OK but all I can see is
I. The details of my account under settings
II Add account tab
III. Settings tab

How do I access the actual data? Is there a manual anyplace??/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods