iPad - PlayBook Comparison

Naughty_Ottsel

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Its just a way of making the Playbook look like a better option to their current customers, especially when they just and just have the overall mobile market share, their hoping they can whack a dent in the iPad's market share

chuckz28

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Playbook is fail. It may have better specs but it will be so buggy it will be unbearable. I've been down the blackberry road before. RIM has an uncanny ability to code bugs into their OS. I'm not digging the 7" screen either. It might be for some people but I passed on the coming wave of android tablets with one reason being most will have a small 7" screen.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
iPad wins... even IF they make a 10" Playbook.
Maybe Playbook is more professional and can do a lot more things than the iPad can. But on the other hand, iPad is made by Apple and so 1. They will attract a lot more consumers. 2. They have TONS of developers to make apps. So many developers are live on Apple, such as iFunia, a Mac video converter tools manufacturer, what awesome is they have being a strong link chain in the tablet industry.
The consumer market will stick with the iPad for now and long time in the future...

lorin.bute

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
No devs and all the apps ecosystem = no win for any tablet. I use smartphones with different OSes and an iPad and there's just no ecosystem like Apple's. I find it hard to believe that it could sell as much as the iPad.

Naughty_Ottsel

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
As every Analyst has said a Tablets success is based on 3rd Party Developers, I don't know much about the Blackberry App Ecosystem, but there are so many devices that developing apps is difficult for everyone who owns a blackberry, all with different sizes, input types etc.

Apple has made the iTouch and iPhone almost the same, as even Apple has said, the iTouch is an iPhone without the Phone. The iPad is as many put it a big iTouch, making it easier to port apps to the iPad, all you have to do is click a few buttons, change some code and BAM, you have an iPad app ported over from iPhone.

Appleluver23

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually really glad that this was announced before the official specs for the ipad 2 are announced. This is a great advantage for Apple because they know what the competition's specs are so they can add things to make their tablet even better.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I still dont get why people are comparing the Playbook to the iPad. The Playbook will be competing with the iPad2!

Naughty_Ottsel

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually really glad that this was announced before the official specs for the ipad 2 are announced. This is a great advantage for Apple because they know what the competition's specs are so they can add things to make their tablet even better.

Not necessarily if iPhone 4 popped up April and was announced in June, considering the iPad with the A4 was announced in January and so all that was being done well before announcement in January and with the iPhone 4 using the same processor indicates that the Hardware was sorted from January if not earlier.

Whilst that means there is still a 4/5 month-ish window to do any last minute Hardware changes the consideration Apple takes in size, power consumption and temperature of each component as well as price so it is highly improbable that there were any changes.

If anything we may see the A4 again if not the A5/A8? which would probably be the same A9 in the Playbook as well as 512MB of RAM rather than matching the playbook's 1GB of RAM.

I'm probably wrong but my 2 cents