I really want an iPad, but I really want a camera...

zisel77

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a first year in medical school, and the advantages of having an iPad in school are just too much for me to pass up. However, I don't have an iPhone 4, and Facetime really intrigues me. I'll probably get an iPhone 4 in the next month or two, so I could technically use Facetime only on that, but an iPad with Facetime just sounds so great.

So my question to all you is, would you wait for the next rendition? If the only upgrade was 2 cameras? What if the upgrade was something else, would you wait then? Lets say you can only buy 1 for the next 3 years. Would you still get one right now?

We hit anatomy on Oct. 1, and I feel like using the iPad(tip:imformatoin from iFunia ipad column) for Mental Case (flashcards) alone would be huuuuge...anyone using it primarily for education?

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
That's same question that popped into my mind. What if the next generation still does not have the camera? Ine thing about technology is that for all we know, another great device will be presented tomorrow or next week or next month.

One thins, you can use iPhone with a certain application (i forget the name) as a camera for the iPad.

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using iPad for school right now and I love it, I use pages to type up all my notes and the elements for chemistry. I personally didn't want to wait because I already have iPhonE 4 and I really don't see thebneed for a camera on the iPad. Plus with two cameras (if that happens) the price increase is sure to be huge, and personally as a student it's already very expensive.

Hope I helped :)

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i change my previous stance on getting the current ipad at least wait it out till the holiday season to see if there some kind of special offer and since your a student that should count for something of a discount

nore03

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I got one and its super great(corny) but its awesome!!!! I really wanted a camera too but i decided that if they release one at a later date i'd just sell the one i have on ebay and get a new one.

kittykatta

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Many people say "i'll hold off for next gen" and then rob themselves of the product that they want to enjoy NOW. I'm not 100% happy with my Macbook, DSLR or iPad but because it's more useful to me in my hands than on a store shelf.

My philosophy is to just buy the product you want now and sell it when the next one comes out. Sure, you'll take a 10-20% loss but I view that as a "renters fee" because I get a year using it.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
yup, same question, to me, A front-facing camera would have made sense, and the most important is flash support, btw, the facetime really cool, but maybe you can turn to an iP4 or an iPod Touch.
But is you're just addicted in the iPad, then get one!

Appleluver23

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I say you should wait if you can because if you get the ipad now and a couple months later the ipad 2 comes out with a camera you will regret. Also, even if the next ipad comes out without a camera you will still have a better ipad than the first one cause they fix most of the problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods