Is the iPad good enough to bridge the gap?

TMPROJECTS

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have always been a fan of Apple, and would of owned a mac a long time ago was i not restricted by my job.

The Iphone was never good enough for what needed for work. And a tablet pc was ideal for work (but a waste of money) cos i wouldn't use it for anything else.

Then!! hey presto!! along came the iPad. a combonation of both! or so i thought! then i find out microsoft are not producing a version of Office for the iPad.

Here's my question.

I only need to use Microsoft Office for excell, and only on a basic level. So no formulaes, just inputs into cells either text or a numerical number.

BUT, i need to be able to open an excell 'template', edit it accordingly, then save it. And finally be able to transfere it back to my work pc in a format operable on a PC.

Can I? How?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
YES and NO

you can view spread sheets and make changes to them in any format but when your exporting them it only comes out in a "numbers" file or a pdf.

so as long as no one else needs to make changes your set

now to the how (assuming the abouve is usable for your means.

once you've bought your magical new ipad go to the app store and there you will find the IWork apps one of these is number (also pages and keynotes ) each of these are seperate purchases of $9.99(us) and work as i mentioned above

HarleyCurve

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You can you pages for word document editing and numbers for spread sheet editing.

These are available in the app store for $9.99 each. They will allow you to create or edit files and maintain the file type (extensions). And the files can be either e-mailed or transferred using itunes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods