Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Default Do I need one? Ipad

I have an iPhone 4 and I want an iPad. My concern is like with things in the past that I will buy this really expensive piece of tech but be so over stimulated that I won't use it. So my question is, is it possible to have both an iPhone 4 and an iPad and they Coexist with each other. Or will I still use my iPhone for everything and completely ignore my iPad after the first few days of use. Any insight would be helpful thanks!
    32gb Iphone 4

Long time blackberry user I've come to the right side
    iPhone Newbie

I too have both an iPad and iPhone 4....I use my iPad all the time at home and work but don't take it with me all the time that's when my iPhone is greatest?...
    64gig Black iPhone 5
    32gig Black New iPad wifi
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Get one, you will use them both and wonder how you lived without them.
    16g iPhone 4g
    32g iPad 3G
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I sold my iPad inside a month. My iPhone does it all when I'm out, and my netbook or laptop does what the iPhone can't (and more than the iPad could) any other time.
    iMore Newbie

I say get the iPad, too. I have one plus an iPhone (albeit a 3GS, not an i4) and I find that the iPhone is great when rolling about and you don't have the iPad w/you. But when settled at the house, the larger format of the iPad is a welcome capability...
    iPhone Beginner

well i struggled with this myself, in the end it came down to 2 things.

1. i can do more with a $200.00 netbook than i can with a $800.00 iPad.
    2. with a netbook i get the whole internet, not just the part steve jobs has blessed (i.e. flash).

so i use the netbook on mywi when i really need a bigger screen (or want to view flash content), but spend most of my time on iPhone 4.
    iMore Intermediate

I have an iPad, and now want to get an iPhone for my family,
    iMore Intermediate

I have both, and I love my iPad: it's relegated my laptop to being a desktop computer. I don't take my laptop with me anywhere anymore: it sits in one spot for when I need that functionality. If the iPad had been available when I bought the laptop last year, I would have foregone the laptop and purchased the best iMac instead. I realize that many others need their laptops with them, but the iPad is a good fit for me.
    iPhone Intermediate

I have both and I love both. I could live without the iPad though, I do consider it a unnecessary device. Its not a device for everyone, especially power users.

Mine does exactly what I want it to though, its a lightweight easy to grab and easy to read/use device for emailing, surfing the internet and playing games. Will my laptop do it all? Mostly (no apps) but I grab my iPad now 8/10.
    2 - AT&T iP4S 16gb | iPad WiFi 32gb | 13" Macbook Pro 2.4 | Black Macbook 2.16 | Apple TV2
    iPhone Newbie

Yes is always the answer. You need one. lol
    TiPb Fourm Staff

iOS Version
    iOS 7.0

Whether or not the OP 'needs' one is completely up to his/her preferences.

Is it awesome having both? Definitely.

I even sold my MacBook Pro because the iPad pretty much replaced it.
    Twitter = JHamilton24
    iPhone Newbie

I have an iPad and I want to change it to iPhone 4