Does the ipad now support flash

jama12uk

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Nearly bought an ipad the other day but didnt because i realised that it doesnot support flash and so many websites will not be displayed or be incomplete. I wanted to use the ipad mainly for browsing. However today I have seen this news

on Cnet (Sorry as a noob cant post link) basically suggests that apple have made up with adobe.

Title: Apple relents on Flash-derived iPhone, iPad apps
by Stephen Shankland

Does this mean that the ipad will now support flash and so i can view all websites inc. flash based?

Please help a confused noob

Thanks

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
In a word, no. Cnet was referring to cross compilers being used to build apps such as Adobe's compiler that can be used to build one app that will work on several platforms. A dev can now port what was a Flash based app to work on iOS instead having to rewrite the entire thing in Objective C, etc.

At least I think that's how it goes.

Last edited:

Bluesoftail

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Don't let the lack of flash stop you, its not that big of a problem and as more ipads get sold web designers will use phase out flash. Once you get one you will love it.

GlennEU

Sep 10, 2010
Glenn.eu
There isn't a single mobile device that has usable flash support at this moment.

Would be cool if one day you could download an iOS 3rd party browser app that supports flash :)
But that just isn't going to happen :)

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I still don't understand peoples obsession with flash. IMO it is junk. But to answer your question no flash is not useable on any iOS device. However like mentioned above a lot of sites are starting to use HTML5.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
no, iPad now can't support flash yet, the solution supplyed is HTML5, this article "On Apple's iPad, HTML5 and Flash" might give you some deep thoughts.
But the rumors read that the nex iPad will be a front-facing camera and flash friendly, but rumor just rumor and wait the apple's conference...

MrTyC

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a single mobile device that has usable flash support at this moment.

Would be cool if one day you could download an iOS 3rd party browser app that supports flash :)
But that just isn't going to happen :)

Actually there is are a few phones that support flash. I have the Evo 4G and it has full flash...works pretty good. There aren't many that have it though. It would be nice if the iPad had a app that supports flash, but it shouldnt be a deal breaker for those who want one.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
it might work on the evo or other phones technically but... lets do this test:
find an online game made in flash and run it-> count how long it takes for your computer fan to turn on...
its not full scale cpu friendly and on a mobile device it drains battery super fast and heats it.
yes it has flash is it a reasonable use on a mobile device? no

im glad apple didnt use flash not only are they saving battery power there also helping cultivate the switch to HTML 5

MrTyC

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to get off subject from the original post, but as i stated before flash works great for me on my phone. I'm not much for online gaming, but i'll give your test a try. When it comes to surfing the web with sites that are flash heavy...i have no problems at all. My phone doesnt heat up and i havent notices any decrease in battery life. I personally would like to see flash on the iPad, but with or without it...I am very satisfied with my iPad and would recommened it to anyone who is thinking about getting one.

nore03

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have an Android Incredible and an Ipad and though i love my Ipad and its the best thing i have bought in a while...... It is kinda a downer sometimes when i get to a site that has flash and i can't do anything with it. Like NFL.com when i want to catch some of the highlights or do fantasy and i cant. I think it would make the Ipad unbeatable.... but thats my opinion..... I love my ipad

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I have an Android Incredible and an Ipad and though i love my Ipad and its the best thing i have bought in a while...... It is kinda a downer sometimes when i get to a site that has flash and i can't do anything with it. Like NFL.com when i want to catch some of the highlights or do fantasy and i cant. I think it would make the Ipad unbeatable.... but thats my opinion..... I love my ipad

I have a droid. And I have Android 2.2. With Flash. BOO-YA!

Well, not really. First off the launch of all that took forever, then you had to upload a quick update to fix the zero-day exploit soon after. You think you can just watch a video embedded on a page? It takes forever to load, the buttons are small and you are reminded that "this video is not optimized for mobile viewing." Me, I don't even have it running, only on demand. But it is nice to go to a website and navigate through it.

Flash is nice, but from what I've seen, it needs work. So be patient. Or get a netbook ;)

Me, I love my iPad... sooo kewl!

crackercraig

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
No Flash. Ive actually found that sites that I visited when I first got the iPad that use flash are now using HTML5 because I can now access the sites where I couldn't at first

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2