iPad WiFi Owners- Do you regret not getting the 3g?

silva44

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
No cu z I have wifi at home and I use my iPad for home where I'm at a majority of the time and my iPhone when I'm on the road. No regrets whatsoever.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
My iPad arrives Christmas day(and by that I mean that's when the wifey forks it over to me), but, I would never have gotten just a wifi model. IMO 3G is a must on an iPad, having data on the go is just too valuable to me. The 2GB plan(not needed every month by me) will suffice plenty(still have unlimited on my iP4)

c-way

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought with 3G and got the free 1 month sim but never needed it, use wifi where possible and when that is out of range I use my mobile phones wireless hotspot to keep me running, works really well with htc desire on vodaphone (uk)

Bought my other half an iPad for Xmas but went for the cheaper non 3G model.

Airwolf

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I tether off my HTC EVO 4G. It has unlimited data and the 4G is broadband fast. I defintely do not regret not buying the 3G model.

applefrenzy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
iPad 3G would be interesting if AT&T or someone offered a day by day pre-paid option. With the wide availability of wifi, I would want a 3G ipad only if I can have network access in the few times that wifi isn't available.

dinaputri91

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I Got My Firts Ipad Wifi Yday day After Christmas,
Honestly I felt Regret Why I Didnt Get The 3G
I Used Wifi COnnection Around my Home, and Here a few Cafe and Mall Available for Wifi Connection,
But SOmetime, WHen I go to someplace that There's No Wifi Available , I really Cant do anything with My ipad

But It Is Ok, Cant Wait for Ipad 2 ( If This Possible) and Grab the 3G And Wifi Version

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Work bought the wifi, I really like the ipad, I grew tired of putting my phone into hotspot mode and killing the battery, I bought the 3G, and am happy i did.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
So Happy I got the 3G model, I dont think I could have gotten just the wifi, 3G enables me too have great freedom, love to browse while on the go!

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got the 3G and now I wish I'd saved the money and gone wi-fi. The mobile hotspots weren't available at launch so I got a 3G as the only option. Now I've got a Clear iSpot 4G, so for $25/month I've got a connection as fast as my home wi-fi connection, no usage limits, no searching for wi-fi, and the girlfriend (whose iPad is wi-fi only) and others can share the connection.

And I like that the iPad seeing it as wi-fi means the iPad doesn't employ the compromises it uses for 3G like lower-res Youtube playback or iTunes refusing to download larger files.

I'll likely keep my 3G model simply to have the service as a back-up (Clear's 4G coverage hasn't reach a lot of smaller areas) rather than trade off for a 64GB wi-fi, but my next iPad will be a wi-fi only model used with a mobile hotspot. It's the same as when laptops came with modems or the first w-fi transmitters - getting a model with the connection built-in always resulted in you being a generation behind.

JNMEATON#IM

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Bought a mobile hotspot and works everywhere. Kinda funny, I said "I don't use my laptop everywhere". Didn't realize everything that was able to be done..........love it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2